Albion Online may not launch for some reason. Some of these reasons may be corrupt files, missing components or Easy Anti-Cheat errors. I explained below how you can fix it with different methods.
If you get the EasyAntiCheat error, you should follow these steps.
- Run the Steam
- Navigate to: Library > Albion Online > Right Click > Properties > Local Files > Browse local files
- Open the EasyAntiCheat folder
- Run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup
- Click on the Repair Service (If there isn’t the Repair button, click on the Install Easy Anti-Cheat)
- Click Finish
Update your GPU’s driver.
People who have an NVIDIA graphics card can download and install their new drivers here.
People who have an AMD graphics card can download and install their new drivers here.
You need to use DDU to completely uninstall the graphics drivers.
You should verify the Albion Online’s files.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Albion Online, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
A clean boot on your PC can help fix your issue.
- Type the msconfig on Windows search box.
- Press Enter key
- Go to the Services tab.
- Select “Hide all Microsoft services”
- Click on the “Disable all” button.
- Finally click on the OK button.
- Restart the PC.
Install or repair the .Net Frameworks.
You can use this tool:
- Download the “All in One Runtimes Download” tool.
- Run the exe application.
- Click on the “Installieren” button.
- Install/repair all the runtimes.
If Albion Online is installed on a local disk other than C and you get an EasyAntiCheat error (Unexpected error. Game already running.), uninstall the game and install it on Local Disk C.
Mine wouldnt launch from Steam. I get to the 0% - 100% load screen and when it'd hit 100% the game would go back to desktop. My fix was to load the game via the Albion Online launcher exe file and right click on it and open as administrator.
Thanks for sharing your workaround!