Destiny 2 sometimes refuses to go to Fullscreen on laptops. There are potential solutions to fix the Fullscreen issue.
How to Run Destiny 2 in Fullscreen Mode
Method #1 | Nvidia Settings
- You should update your graphics card driver. Download and install the driver with Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- Restart your computer after updating.
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Click the Manage 3D settings
- On the Global Settings tab, set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Click Apply and close the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Run the GeForce Experience.
- Optimize the Destiny 2 via GeForce Experience.
- Launch the Destiny 2.
- Exit the game.
- Navigate to C:\Users\”your user name*\Appdata\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\
- Right-click on the cvars.xml file in the prefs folder.
- Find the cvar name=”window_mode” in the file.
- Make sure the value is 3
<cvar name=”window_mode” value=”3″ />
- Save and exit the file.
If you can’t see the AppData folder, click on the View, select the Hidden items
- Exit the game.
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
- Right-click on the destiny2.exe application
Location: …\Steam\steamapps\common\Destiny 2
- Tap the Properties
- Tick Disable full-screen optimisations on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the OK
- To turn off Windows 10 game mode, click the Start icon to bring up the Start menu. Then open the Settings.
- Click the Gaming
- On the Game Bar tab, set the “Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar” to Off.
- On the Captures tab, set the “Record in the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- On the Game Mode tab, set the “Game Mode” to Off.
- Press the Windows logo key and R key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type regedit
- Press the Enter key.
- The Registry Editor will open. In the left panel, Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar
- Right-click inside the panel and select New
- Click on the DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Rename the New Key to AllowAutoGameMode
- Right-click on the AllowAutoGameMode
- Select the Modify…
- Set the “Value data” to 0
- Click on the OK button.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your PC.
Please let me know in the comments below, whether are still facing the issue.
By the way, if you want to buy new games for really cheap, use this link please.
Last Updated on 9 January, 2020 10:08 pm EST