The launcher does not appear when you attempt to run Genshin Impact on PC? Or the launcher appears but when you click the Launch button on the launcher your game does not start? You are not alone.
Some Genshin Impact players might face the problem when trying to open the game. There are several possibilities that might cause of this problem.
Follow the steps in this guide on how to fix Genshin Impact not launching.
Some players encounter the error “0xc000007b” or “MSVCP140.dll was not found” when running Genshin Impact. You might face these issues if the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages are not installed properly. To fix it, follow the steps below:
First of all, you should install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
- Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- Click on Download button
- Select the “vcredist_x64.exe” and then click Next
- Run the vcredist_x64.exe and install/repair it.
Secondly, you should install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.
- Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- Click Download
- Select the “vc_redist.x64.exe” and then click Next button.
- Run the vc_redist.x64.exe and install/repair it.
- Restart the PC.
You need to keep your graphics drivers updated. So let’s check the latest drivers:
Nvidia GPU drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/
AMD GPU drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support
Note: I suggest you to uninstall your driver using DDU before installing the new driver. Here is the DDU guide.
By the way, you should also update your Windows OS.
You should try to run the game as an administrator.
- Right-click on Genshin Impact on your desktop.
- Click “Run as administrator“
If you are using a VPN on your system, you must disable it. VPN may cause you not being able to log into Genshin Impact.
If you are a laptop user, your laptop may be using the integrated graphics card (intel) instead of dedicated GPU.
You can run the game with your dedicated graphics card by following these steps:
- Right-click the Genshin Impact shortcut on the desktop.
- Go to “Run with graphics processor” option
- Select the High-performance processor
In Windows 10, you can also follow these steps:
- Enter graphics settings into Windows search box, then select Open once the results populate.
- Click the Browse button under “Graphics performance preference” in the window that appears.
- Select the GenshinImpact.exe
Default Location: C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game
- Then click Add
- After that click on the Options button.
- A new window will popup, select the High performance in the Graphics preference page.
- Then click Save button.
- Also, adjust the same things for the launcher.exe application.
Note: The launcher.exe is in the folder where Genshin Impact is installed.
- Restart your PC.
If the game is stuck / freezes on the loading screen, then it stops responding and crashes, follow these steps:
- Navigate to C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\LocalLow\miHoYo
Note: if you cannot access the AppData folder, click on the View, select the Hidden items
- Delete the Genshin Impact folder
- Then press the Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type regedit
- Press the Enter key.
- The Registry Editor will open. In the left panel, Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\
- Right-click on the miHoYo and then delete it.
- After that right-click on the miHoYoSDK and delete it.
- Exit the Registry Editor
- You can run the game now.
If, after launching Genshin Impact, the game gets stuck on a black or white screen, DirectX may be the cause of the problem.
- Right-click the Genshin Impact shortcut
- Select Properties
- On the Shortcut tab, click on “Open File Location” button.
- Open the DXSETUP folder
- Run the DXSETUP.exe and install it.
Add the location of the Genshin Impact’s installation folder to the whitelist in your antivirus software or temporarily disable the antivirus protection. Then try to run the game.
If you are a laptop user, try reinstalling Genshin Impact after disabling your integrated graphics card.
- Uninstall the game.
- Then go to the Device Manager. In the Windows search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then open it from the menu.
- Double click “Display adapters” in your device manager
- Right-click on your integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics) under the Display adapters
- Select “Disable device“
- Now run the GenshinImpact_install and install the game.
- Launch the game when the installation is complete.
- You can now go to the device manager and re-enable Intel HD graphics.
Also check out this forum post that addresses the launch issue, maybe that solution will work for you.
If your issue still persists, your PC may not meet the minimum requirements for playing Genshin Impact.
Here are the minimum specs needed to play Genshin Impact:
OS: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, or Windows 10 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 or better
RAM: 8 GB
DirectX Version: 11
Storage Space: 30 GB of available storage space
Last Updated on 16 October, 2020 10:00 am EDT