Destiny 2 doesn’t always run flawlessly, sometimes it just crashes without an error. Sometimes the game crashes with the error "Destiny 2 has stopped working". For example, Destiny 2 goes fine for about 30 minutes or an hour, then crashes. If you encounter this problem while gameplay, there are various ways that you can fix this issue.
Playing the Destiny 2 with high graphics quality can cause the game to crash. So you need to lower the graphics settings. You can also lower the resolution.
You should limit/lock your FPS. You can cap the framerate on in-game Settings.
- Launch the Destiny 2
- Go to the Game options
- Click on Open Settings
- Go to the Video tab.
- Set the "Framerate Cap Enabled" to On
- After that, set the "Framerate Cap" to 60
- Apply Changes and play the game.
- Go to the folder where the Destiny 2 is installed.
- Right-click on the destiny2.exe application
Location: …\Steam\steamapps\common\Destiny 2
- Tap the Properties
- Tick Disable full-screen optimizations on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure unchecked the "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click on the OK
Uninstall the Destiny 2. Then reinstall the Destiny 2 on different Local Disk.
You should keep your computer’s graphics drivers and OS updated.
People who have an NVIDIA graphics card can download and install their new drivers here.
People who have an AMD graphics card can download and install their new drivers here.
Try to exit background programs such as MSI Afterburner, RTSS Rivatuner, Fraps, Discord, Skype, Keyboard&Mouse software, Nvidia GeForce Experience.
You should also disable your Firewall/Antivirus.
Turn off the OC (overclock) in Bios/UEFI.
- Launch the Destiny 2.
- Simultaneously press the ALT and TAB keys to minimize the game.
- Open the Task Manager
- Click on Details Tab
- In the list, find the destiny2.exe application.
- Right-click on the destiny2.exe application and Set priority to High. You need to adjust this setting every time you run the game.
- Verify your game files. Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Destiny 2, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
Check your CPU temp. Overheating of the processor may cause the Destiny 2 to crash.
There may be a problem with RAM. Try swapping the memory slot.
I suggest you check the HDMI or DisplayPort cable of your monitor. If possible, replace the display cable and then try playing the game. I recommend you check this, especially if Destiny 2 crashes during the loading screen (when flying).
Please let me know in the comments below, whether you are still facing the issue.
By the way, if you want to buy new games for really cheap, use this link please.