The new Formula One game, F1 22, has players experiencing a weird ghosting issue. If you also encounter an odd ghosting effect behind the cars, you should do what I mentioned below to fix this ghosting issue in F1 2022.
Players noticed that DLSS was causing ghosting in F1 22. But this problem occurs with version 2.4.0 of DLSS. It is possible to get rid of this issue by upgrading DLSS to version 2.4.3. Here is a guide on how to check the DLSS version.
To update DLSS, follow these steps:
- Exit F1 22.
- Go to https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/
- Download the "NVIDIA DLSS DLL 2.4.3". It is on the left sidebar.
- Unzip the file.
- Copy and paste the nvngx_dlss.dll file to the installation folder of F1 22.
If you don't know where the installation folder of F1 22 is:
- Steam: Library > Right-click on F1 22 > Manage > Browse local files
- EA Desktop: My Collection > F1 22 > Three Dots > View Properties > Browse
When you replace the nvngx_dlss.dll file, DLSS will be updated in F1 22. Now you can launch the game and check if the ghosting issue persists.
If the issue is still there, changing the Motion Blur, Anti-Aliasing, and VSync options in the game's graphics settings may work.
Also, those with a monitor with ULMB (ultra-low motion blur) technology can enable it. Basically, ULMB decreases ghosting and motion blur. Note that if G-Sync or Free-Sync is active on your monitor, you may lose the motion blur reduction.
Lastly, you can find some helpful tips on fixing ghosting on a gaming monitor in the video below: