It is a guide for those who lost their progress in MyCareer mode in NBA 2K23. This post will show you how to recover deleted NBA 2K23 MyCareer saves after restarting the game.
How to Fix NBA 2K23 MyCareer Bug
Probably, this issue causes by Steam Cloud synchronization. Steam Cloud syncing can sometimes have problems loading game files, resulting in the sudden disappearance of your MyCareer player in the game.
While it's a rare occurrence in general, it sometimes happens in NBA 2K23. If you haven't created another MyCareer character after you face this issue, you can fix it. To fix this problem, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, close the game.
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/
- Log in to your account.
- Then go to the Steam Cloud page: https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage
- Find NBA 2K23 from the list.
- Click Show Files next to NBA 2K23.
- Download your MyCareer save file from that page.
- Then navigate to C:\Users\%UserName%
- Open the AppData folder.
Note: If you don't see AppData over there, click on the View on the top bar, and select the Hidden items (on Windows 11: View > Show > select Hidden items)
- Then go to Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K23. Open the NBA 2K23 folder.
- This is the NBA 2K23 save file location. You can find the game save files there. On some systems, it may be located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\...\1919590\remote
- For the backup, copy that files and paste them into a folder on your desktop.
- After that, copy the MyCareer files which you downloaded. Paste them into NBA 2K23 save file location.
- Now play the game and see if it works.
By the way, I don't know why but the game's save files can be found in different places. I'm not sure which location is right for you for now. I will update the article when I get the best information about this.