If the game does not open when you run Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, it crashes at startup or freezes randomly during the gameplay, these listed solutions may be useful for you. I will update the list when I find different solutions.
You should update the GPU driver or reinstall if it is already up to date.
- Download the latest graphics card drivers
Nvidia driver is here
AMD driver is here
- Download the DDU to completely remove old drivers.
- Run the 7z file and extract it to a folder on the desktop.
- Select device type. By the way, before doing this, recommended that reboot the Windows in safe mode.
- Select “Clean and restart”
- After that, install the driver and restart the PC.
Check for Windows updates. You should update your OS and install&repair latest vcredists.
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
.NET Framework 4.8: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48
Visual C++ 2017 and 2019 Redistributables: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
In particular, people who get the MSVCP140.dll error should install the above.
The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program fix this problem.
Verify the integrity of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord files.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\
- Delete the Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder in the ProgramData folder. (C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord)
If you cannot access the ProgramData folder, click on the View, select the Hidden items
Programs running in the background may be preventing Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord from running. Such as MSI Afterburner, RTSS Rivatuner, Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP), Fraps, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, HWiNFO, EVGA Precision X1, ASUS GPU Tweak II, Razer Synapse, Keyboard&Mouse software, etc…
Instead of closing all programs individually, you can start Windows in safe mode or disable some of the services on System Configuration.
- Type the msconfig on Windows search box.
- Press Enter key
- Go to the Services tab.
- Select “Hide all Microsoft services”
- Click on the “Disable all” button.
- Finally click on the OK button.
- Restart the PC.
Don’t worry, you can go back to the old settings by pressing the “Enable all” button.
I heard that antivirus software is blocking the saving feature of the Bannerlord, so crashes can occur. Try disabling the Windows Defender & Antivirus temporarily.
Try running the game as an administrator.
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
(Steam Library > Right-click on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord > Properties > LOCAL FILES > BROWSE LOCAL FILES)
- Navigate to Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
- Right-click on the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe in the Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
- Click the Run as administrator
There is a solution to crashes that occur without the error message on the first loading screen. This solution is from the Steam community:
i have started investigate “rgl_log_7092.txt” at “C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs” . After the last line, there is no loading message and it ends. The file in the last line was “std_TaleWorlds_CampaignSystem-zho-CN.xml”. I have just delete it which locates at “C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\Languages\CN”.Barbasan
After that, game was able to get to the main menu without crashing. I have played a little, everything looks fine so far.
I suggest you back up the CNs folder first and then delete the CNs folder.
Last Updated on