Need for Speed: Heat is a racing video game and it is fun to play smoothly with high frame rates. In this guide, I listed a few tweaks and tips to fix the performance issues in Need for Speed Heat video game, such as freezing, spikes, low FPS, stuttering, lagging, fps drop.
There are 16 ways to improve your frame rates in Need for Speed: Heat video game.
System Requirements for Running Need for Speed: Heat on PC
|Minimum System Requirements||Recommended System Requirements|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-3570 or AMD FX-6350||Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon 7970/Radeon R9 280x||Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480|
|DirectX||DirectX 11||DirectX 11|
|RAM||8 GB RAM||16 GB RAM|
|Storage||50 GB available space||50 GB available space|
|OS||Windows 10||Windows 10|
1) Best Graphics Settings for NFS Heat
You can skip this step if you don’t want to change graphics settings. These High Performance graphics settings are for PCs which close to the minimum system requirements.
If you have a good PC, you can increase the settings slightly.
Go to in-game graphics options and make sure the settings are as follows.
|Post Process Quality||Low||Low|
|Depth Of Field||Low||Low|
Apply changes and Exit the game.
If you encounter screen tearing problem during the gameplay, you should enable the VSync. If you have a monitor with G-SYNC or FreeSync, you can activate them instead of Vsync.
By the way, if you set the Resolution Scale to a lower value allows to increase your FPS but the graphics may be blurry in the game.
2) Origin Launch Options
- Go to the My Game Library in the Origin.
- Right click the Need for Speed: Heat
- Click on the Game Properties
- Uncheck the Enable Origin In Game for Need for Speed™ Heat
- Click on the ADVANCED LAUNCH OPTIONS
- Paste the following commands into the “Command line arguments” box, then click on the Save.
3) NVIDIA and AMD Radeon Settings
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Go to the Adjust image settings with preview tab.
- Click the “Use my preference emphasizing“ (If you have a mid&high end pc, Let the 3D application decide)
- Put the bar in Performance mode.
- Click the Manage 3D settings
- Click the Program Settings
- Click the Add
- Select the Need for Speed Heat from the list, then click on the “Add Selected Program” button.
- After, make the following settings
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Vertical sync: Off
Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames: 1
- If you have a notebook, make sure you have selected the “High-performance NVIDIA processor” on preferred graphics processor.
- Apply and close the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Effect of the “Power management mode” setting differs between GPUs. If these settings made your FPS worse, just set the “Power management mode” to “Optimal power“. After that, it will increase. You can test it.
4) Full-screen Optimizations & High DPI in Windows 10
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
- Right-click on the needforspeedheat.exe application
- Hit the Properties
- Tick “Disable full-screen optimizations” on the Compatibility tab.
- After that, click on the “Change high DPI settings” button.
- Under the “High DPI scaling override” section, tick the “Override high DPI scaling behavior“
- Use the “Scaling performed by:” drop-down menu and select the “Application”
- Click on the OK and again OK.
5) Increase The Priority
You need to adjust this setting every time you enter the game.
- Launch the game.
- Simultaneously press the ALT and TAB keys to minimize the game.
- Open the Task Manager
- Click on Details Tab
- In the list, find the needforspeedheat.exe application.
- Right-click on the needforspeedheat.exe application and Set priority to High.
If you facing stuttering issue in the game after doing this, don’t do the High priority setting. Set it to Normal.
6) Update Your Graphics Drivers
7) AMD Radeon Settings
8) Intelligent Standby List Cleaner
9) Power Options
10) Windows 10 Game Mode
11) Windows Performance Options
12) Cleaning Temporary Files
14) Optimize Your Discord
15) Optimize Your Google Chrome
16) Background Processes