If you're a die-hard fan of The Talos Principle 2 and have encountered the frustrating error message "DirectX 12 is not supported on your system", causing the game to crash or not run at all, fear not! We understand how important it is for you to immerse yourself in the thought-provoking world of The Talos Principle 2. That's why we've prepared a comprehensive guide to help you troubleshoot and resolve this issue.
In this article, we will walk you through all the necessary steps to fix the "DirectX 12 is not supported" error, including checking your system requirements, updating your drivers, and installing the necessary software. So, sit back and relax as we guide you towards the solution that will get you back to enjoying the game without any frustrating interruptions.
How to Fix the "DirectX 12 is not supported on your system" Error in The Talos Principle 2
Let's dive straight into solving this problem so you can get back to exploring the philosophical themes and mind-bending challenges of The Talos Principle 2. Below, we'll outline various solutions to address the "DirectX 12 is not supported on your system" error.
1. Update Your Graphics Drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can often be the culprit behind DirectX-related errors. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select "Device Manager".
- In Device Manager, locate and expand the "Display adapters" section to reveal your graphics card.
- Right-click on your graphics card, select "Update driver", and follow the on-screen instructions to check for and install any available driver updates.
You can also download your GPU driver manually. Here are the download links for updating your graphics drivers:
- NVIDIA Graphics Drivers: NVIDIA Driver
- AMD Graphics Drivers: AMD Driver
- Intel Graphics Drivers: Intel Driver
Simply click on the respective link for your graphics card manufacturer, and it will take you to the official driver download page where you can select and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card.
2. Install Microsoft Direct3D D3D12
Sometimes, missing DirectX components can cause errors. To ensure you have the necessary components, follow these steps:
- Visit the Direct3D D3D12 download page and download the required files.
- Once downloaded, run the installation package and follow the instructions to install Direct3D D3D12.
3. Update Your Windows
Keeping your Windows operating system up to date is essential for compatibility with games and applications. Here's how to update your Windows:
- Go to "Settings" by pressing Win + I, then select "Update & Security".
- Click on "Windows Update" in the left sidebar, then click "Check for updates". If updates are available, follow the prompts to install them.
Also, the Update Assistant can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10 (Version 22H2): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
4. Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
Sometimes, Windows Update may encounter issues preventing it from functioning correctly. To resolve this, use the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Open the "Settings" app, then navigate to "Update & Security" > "Troubleshoot".
- Under "Get up and running", click on "Windows Update" and then click "Run the troubleshooter". Follow the on-screen instructions to diagnose and fix any issues.
5. Use the System File Checker Tool
Corrupted system files can also lead to DirectX 12 errors in The Talos Principle 2. The System File Checker tool can help identify and repair such issues:
- Press Win + X and select "Windows Terminal (Admin)" or "Command Prompt (Admin)".
- In the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Let the scan complete, and it will attempt to repair any corrupted files.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the "DirectX 12 is not supported on your system" error in The Talos Principle 2 and enjoy the game without interruption.
6. Verify Your DirectX Feature Level
If you are still encountering the "DirectX 12 is not supported on your system" error in The Talos Principle 2, it's essential to verify that your system meets the required feature level. The game requires a feature level of 12_0 or higher to run smoothly.
To check your system's DirectX feature level, you can use the built-in tool called "dxdiag." Here's how:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and "R" simultaneously.
- In the Run dialog box, type "dxdiag" without quotes and press Enter.
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window that opens, click on the "Display" tab.
- You will find information about your graphics card, including the Feature Levels supported. Make sure your Feature Level is 12_0 or higher.
If your system's DirectX Feature Level is not 12_0 or higher, it means that your hardware does not meet the game's requirements, and you may need to consider upgrading your graphics card or other system components to enjoy The Talos Principle 2 without encountering this error.
To conclude, to avoid any errors and enjoy playing The Talos Principle 2 to the fullest, it is recommended to keep your graphics drivers and DirectX components up to date. Additionally, make sure to have an updated BIOS. With these measures in place, you can fully immerse yourself in the captivating world of the game. Have fun gaming!