Some players have reported that the frame rate of “SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated” is significantly low while playing the game on fairly decent laptops.
If your copy of SpongeBob SquarePants game crashes and gets low fps, I’ve got some solutions. Exit the game and just follow the steps below.
How to Fix Low Fps and Crashing Issues in SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated
Nvidia Control Panel
Make sure that the game does not recognize the integrated graphics adapter as the default GPU.
- Go to Nvidia control panel.
- Click the Manage 3D settings
- Click the Program Settings
- Click the Add
- Select the SpongeBob SquarePants from the list, then click on the “Add Selected Program” button.
- Then set the Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance
- Select the “High-performance NVIDIA processor” from the preferred graphics processor drop-down list.
- Apply changes
AMD Radeon Settings
Follow these steps to select the preferred graphics processor as your AMD gpu.
- Right-click on the desktop
- Click on AMD Radeon Settings
- Click on the System
- Go to the Switchable Graphics page.
- Add the game’s exe file on the page and select “High Performance” from the drop down menu.
Graphics Performance Preference
On Windows 10, you can choose between better graphics performance or battery life when playing SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- First of all, make sure you exit the game.
- Type graphics settings in Windows search bar, then open it.
- The graphics settings window will open. Then, click the Browse button under “Graphics performance preference”
- Select the game’s exe, then click Add.
Tip: You can find the SpongeBob SquarePants’ installation folder like this: Steam Library > SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated > Right-click > Manage > Browse local files
- After adding the exe, select Options
- A mini window will popup, select the High performance in the Graphics preference page.
The SpongeBob SquarePants game has no in-game graphics settings. So you have to change a few things in GameUserSettings.ini to increase your fps in the game.
- Navigate to C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local\Pineapple\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
- Open the GameUserSettings.ini file
- Change the value of the following commands to 0
- Save and exit.
- There is one more thing. Right-click on GameUserSettings.ini file.
- Select Properties
- You need to tick the “Read-only” on the General tab.
If all of these things didn’t help you out, then feel free to share your issue in comments below!
Last Updated on 23 July, 2020 5:42 am EDT