Moving games to another folder on Steam is pretty easy. Moving games to another folder on Steam is pretty easy. For example if you want to move your game from HDD to an SSD, it is not so easy to do it in Uplay (Ubisoft Game Launcher), but there is a way.
With this method, you can move the game’s files to the folder on another drive without downloading a Uplay game again.
How do I move my installed Uplay games to another folder?
- First of all, if you don’t know which folder the game is in, you should follow these steps: “Uplay > Games > Click on the game > Properties > Local files” in this way you can see the game install location
- Now, close the Uplay. Ensure that Uplay is not on the taskbar (at the bottom-right corner) or in the Task manager (upc.exe)!
- Right click on the folder where the game is installed. Then click Copy.
- Paste that folder into the local disk that you want to move the game into.
- After the copy is complete, delete the old folder.
- Run the Uplay
- Go to the Games menu.
- Find your game on the list and click on it.
- Click on the “Locate installed game“, below the Download button.
- In the new window that opens, locate your game’s new folder location.
- That’s all. Once the game’s files have been successfully verified, you can play your game.