If for some reason, you get the "Insufficient Privileges" error when the easy anti cheat is booting up, and MultiVersus won't launch, fixing this issue is not a problem at all. Here is what you need to do.
How to Fix Easy Anti-Cheat Insufficient Privileges Error
There are multiple reasons to encounter the EasyAntiCheat_EOS issue in MultiVersus. Therefore, there are different methods of solving this problem. Here I will share the most precise solutions.
1. Delete EasyAntiCheat_EOS
To fix the Easy Anti-Cheat Insufficient Privileges error in MultiVersus, delete the folder EasyAntiCheat_EOS and then verify the game files. This seems to be the method that works best. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)
- Right-click on the folder "EasyAntiCheat_EOS"
- Select Delete.
- Then go to Library on Steam.
- Right-click on MultiVersus
- Select Properties
- Go to the "Local Files" tab.
- Hit the "Verify integrity of game files".
Doing this will reinstall easy anti-cheat and most likely fix your issue. If you still face Insufficient Privileges, you should try the following methods.
2. Check your security software
Third-party antivirus or firewalls are better at blocking outgoing connections and preventing security vulnerabilities. But they can prevent the game from launching by conflicting with Easy Anti-Cheat, and they may cause the error "Insufficient Privileges".
Expressly, Trend Micro Internet Security has been confirmed to cause Insufficient Privileges on MultiVersus. This is why you should disable it temporarily and then run the game.
Also, other applications running in the background can cause this problem. Better close them off too.
3. Create a new administrator account in Windows
Creating a new user account with admin privileges in your operating system and starting the game after logging into that Windows account can help you get rid of the Easy Anti-Cheat problem.
- Press the Windows Start key.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users
- Click the "Add someone else to this PC"
- Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information"
- A new window will open, then select "Add a user without a Microsoft account"
- Enter a user name and password.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the account and click the "Change account type".
- Select Administrator under Account Type.
- Click OK.
- Restart your PC and log in with the new account.
- Then install the game.