Remnant 2, a game loved by many, has been experiencing some unexpected hurdles like low fps, frame drops, stuttering, and freezing. These issues can undeniably put a damper on the gaming experience. But don't fret; we have your back! Read on to discover effective solutions for these problems.
How to Optimize Remnant 2, Fix Low FPS and Performance Issues on PC
Players have reported a variety of performance issues with Remnant 2, including stuttering gameplay, low FPS, and unexpected frame drops. The good news is that there are definite ways to boost your performance and solve these problems. This guide will detail each solution step by step, offering a comprehensive approach to help you enhance your gameplay. Let's dive right in!
1. Best Graphics Settings for Performance
To optimize performance on PC, navigate to Settings > Video in Remnant 2.
Set your Display Mode to Fullscreen for the best performance. Also, if you're uncomfortable with blur, feel free to switch off Motion Blur.
Surprisingly, turning off VSync can make the game smoother. If you want to avoid continuous frame drops in Remnant 2, limit your FPS. In fact, setting the Framerate to 144 is recommended.
If you have a graphics card that supports DLSS, set Upscaler to NVIDIA DLSS and adjust the Upscaler Quality to Performance or Balanced. If DLSS isn't available, AMD FSR could be an alternative.
Most importantly, the Shadow Quality graphics setting is a major culprit of low FPS in Remnant 2. Therefore, set Shadow Quality to Low and witness an undeniable improvement in performance.
|Performance or Balanced
|Low or Medium
|View Distance Quality
|High or Ultra
2. Graphics Drivers
An essential step in fixing Remnant 2's low fps and frame drops is making sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Updated graphics drivers can significantly improve game performance and solve stuttering issues. Indeed, NVIDIA has released a Game Ready Driver specifically for Remnant II, so players should definitely check for updates.
Here are the links where you can find the latest drivers for your graphics card:
3. Best NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
For NVIDIA users, tweaking some settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel can make a world of difference for Remnant 2's performance. Here's how:
- Right-click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D settings and select Program Settings.
- Select Remnant 2 from the dropdown list. If it's not there, add it.
- Set Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
- Set Texture filtering - Quality to High Performance.
- Lastly, set Vertical Sync to Off.
These changes will undoubtedly make your Remnant 2 run smoother and reduce fps drops.
4. Best AMD Software Settings
If you're an AMD user, there are some settings in the AMD Radeon Software you can tweak to improve the performance of Remnant 2. Here's the procedure:
- Open AMD Radeon Software by right-clicking on your desktop.
- Navigate to Gaming > Games and select Remnant 2.
- Set Anti-Lag to Enabled.
- Set Chill to Off.
- Set Boost to Enabled.
- Lastly, set Image Sharpening to Off.
Implementing these changes will undoubtedly help to eliminate stuttering issues in Remnant 2 and improve the game's overall performance.
5. Power Options
Did you know that the power settings on your PC can affect how well Remnant II runs? To optimize your machine's performance, try these steps:
- Open Control Panel and navigate to Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
- Select the High performance plan.
- Then, click on Change plan settings.
- Set both Turn off the display and Put the computer to sleep to Never.
This change ensures that your PC is providing maximum power to the running applications, definitely improving Remnant 2's performance.
6. Windows GPU Scheduling
Introduced in Windows 10, Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling can improve performance and reduce latency in games. To enable it:
- Go to Settings > System > Display.
- Scroll down and click on Graphics settings.
- Toggle on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
Enabling this option can certainly reduce stuttering in Remnant 2.
7. Windows Graphics Settings
Setting Remnant 2 to high performance in Windows Graphics settings can also help boost performance and fix low FPS issues. Here's how:
- Press the Windows key and navigate to Settings > System > Display
- Then, click on Graphics settings at the bottom.
- Choose Desktop app for the app type.
- Next, click on Browse and find the .exe file of Remnant 2.
- Once added, click on the game and select Options.
- Choose High performance and click on Save.
These changes should undeniably improve the game's performance and reduce fps drops.
8. Intelligent Standby List Cleaner (ISLC)
ISLC is a tool that can help clear the standby memory and potentially improve the performance of Remnant 2. Here's how to use it:
- Download and install ISLC from WagnardSoft.
- Run the program and set the list size to 1024.
- Check the box for Enable custom timer resolution.
- Set Wanted timer resolution to 0.50.
- Lastly, check Start ISLC minimized and auto-Start monitoring.
Running Intelligent Standby List Cleaner before playing Remnant 2 can help to reduce stuttering and frame drops, significantly improving gameplay.
This guide presents practical steps for optimizing Remnant 2 on PC, addressing common issues like low fps, frame drops, stuttering, and freezing to enhance your gaming experience. Moreover, if you discover better methods or have more tips, please leave a comment below and share your knowledge with our gaming community. Together, we can make Remnant II a smoother, more enjoyable experience for everyone.