Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition crashes whenever you’re in the middle of the game? Usually this problem is caused by HD graphics DLC. Another possible cause is your outdated driver version of GPU. There are something you can do to fix Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition crashing issues. Please let us know in the comments below, whether you are still facing the issue.
How to Fix Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Crashing Issues
Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC causes Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition to crash. You should disable the HD graphics DLC.
- Go to the Steam Library
- Right-click on Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- Click on Properties
- Go to the DLC tab.
- Untick the box next to the Enhanced Graphics Pack DLC
- Download the Intelligent standby list cleaner
- Run the 7-zip file.
- Extract to a folder.
- Go to the that folder.
- Run the “Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC” application.
- Check the “Start ISLC minimized and auto-Start monitoring”
- Also, check the “Launch ISLC on user logon”
- Now, click on the Start button
- Type advanced system settings on Windows search box.
- Click on the "View advanced system settings"
- In the Advanced tab, Click on the Settings button on the Performance section.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Click on the Change button on the Virtual memory section.
- Deselect the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box.
- Select Custom size
- Set Initial size and Maximum size boxes to 6144
- After that, click on the Set button.
- Finally click OK button and again click OK.
- Reboot computer.
Install the latest graphics drivers.
People who have an NVIDIA graphics card can download and install their new drivers here.
People who have an AMD graphics card can download and install their new drivers here.
You need to use DDU to completely uninstall the graphics drivers.
Try to exit background programs such as VPN, Spotify, MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X1, RTSS Rivatuner, ASUS GPU Tweak II, Fraps, Discord, Skype, Razer Synapse, Keyboard&Mouse software, Nvidia GeForce Experience, AutoHotKey, script apps. You should also disable your Firewall/Antivirus.
Verify the files of the game, or reinstall the AOE2:DE
Please leave a comment below if you find any other solution.
Solved for me using #2 Intelligent standby list cleaner - thanks so much!!
hell yeah i had issue
Buenas gente, mi problema comenzo hace 2 dias, el multijugador se me traba, corre bien 10 segs, pero se clava 2 segs y asi sucesivamente. Como si fuera lag de 2 segs cada 10 segs. Alguna sugerencia? Cuando juego vs la IA anda normal, cuando juego contra otro player me pasa ésto. Ya realize nuevamente la prueba de graficos y esta perfecto.
Great efforts of providing alot of methods where we can choose from.
Trate con la opcion 2 y 3 y aun se cierra el juego en pleno combate :C
I have tried all the above and still crashing. Tried on three different laptops and all crash.
Thanks you so much, it helped :o. yyyy
Glad to hear that it works!
Which method worked for you?
ive been playing DE since it came out, no problems, this week my game started crashing, now to the point it crashes every game. I've tried all these remedies but it still crashes, i have uninstalled, verified integrity of game, made sure windows and drivers are up to date, i'm just at a loss as to what else i can do. please help.
I have the specs
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 5
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd B450 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C02) (AM4)
HP 27es ([email protected])
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (XFX Pine Group)
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SATA (SSD))
465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA )
aun no soluciono el problema
Method#2 worked for me. Thanks a lot !!!
I'm glad I helped. Enjoy!
¿Dónde encuentro la pestaña DLC? En propiedades del juego en Steam no me aparece.