Destiny 2 is a phenomenal online multiplayer game that has captivated millions of fans around the world. However, like any other PC game, it is not immune to technical glitches. One of the most common issues that players encounter is the Destiny 2 black screen on startup on PC.
The black screen problem in Destiny 2 can be quite frustrating, as it prevents you from enjoying the game. But don't worry! We're here to help you fix this issue so you can get back to your gaming adventures in no time. In this article, we'll cover various troubleshooting methods that can resolve the Destiny 2 black screen issue.
Why Does the Destiny 2 Black Screen on Startup Occur?
There isn't a single cause behind the Destiny 2 black screen issue. It can result from a variety of factors, including outdated graphics drivers, conflicting software, corrupted game files, or issues with your PC's hardware. We'll discuss multiple solutions, as different approaches work for different users.
Method 1: Update Your Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers are one of the most common reasons behind the Destiny 2 black screen on startup issue. To update your graphics drivers, follow these steps:
- Press Win + X on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section, right-click on your graphics card, and choose Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions.
After updating your drivers, restart your PC and try launching Destiny 2 again.
Method 2: Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
Sometimes, full-screen optimizations can cause Destiny 2 stuck on black screen issue. Disabling these optimizations can help. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Destiny 2 installation folder.
- Locate the Destiny2.exe file, right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, tick the Disable fullscreen optimizations checkbox and click Apply.
Now, try launching the game again to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Run Destiny 2 as Administrator
Running Destiny 2 with administrator privileges can sometimes fix the Destiny 2 black screen on startup problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Destiny 2 installation folder.
- Right-click on the Destiny2.exe file and select Run as administrator.
If this resolves the issue, make sure to set the game to always run as administrator:
- Right-click on the Destiny2.exe file and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and tick the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
Method 4: Verify Game Files
Corrupted game files can cause the Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen issue. To verify the integrity of your game files on Steam or Epic Games Launcher, follow the steps below:
- Open the Steam client and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Files.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and go to your Library.
- Click on the three dots next to Destiny 2 and select Manage.
- Then click on the Verify button.
Both clients will automatically repair any corrupted files they find. After the verification process is complete, try launching the game again to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 5: Adjust In-Game Settings
In some cases, adjusting in-game settings can fix the Destiny 2 stuck on loading screen issue:
- Launch Destiny 2 and navigate to Settings.
- Go to the Video tab and try the following adjustments:
- Change the Window Mode to Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen.
- Lower the Resolution.
- Turn off V-Sync.
- Lower the Graphics Quality settings.
After making these changes, restart the game and check if the black screen issue in Destiny 2 is resolved.
Method 6: Check for Conflicting Software
Certain software, such as overlays or antivirus programs, can conflict with Destiny 2, causing the Destiny 2 stuck on black screen problem. To identify potential conflicts, try the following:
- Disable or uninstall any overlay software, such as Discord Overlay or NVIDIA GeForce Experience Overlay.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software or add Destiny 2 to its whitelist.
Remember to re-enable your antivirus software after testing to ensure your system remains protected.
The Destiny 2 black screen on startup PC issue can be frustrating, but it is often solvable with a bit of troubleshooting. We've covered various methods to help you resolve this problem, from updating graphics drivers and disabling full-screen optimizations to running the game as an administrator and adjusting in-game settings.
It's essential to try these solutions one at a time and test the game after each step to determine which method works for you. With a bit of patience and persistence, you should be able to overcome the black screen issue and get back to enjoying Destiny 2!
Once you've successfully resolved the black screen issue, you may want to further enhance your gaming experience by boosting your FPS. Check out our Destiny 2 FPS Boost Guide for tips and tricks on optimizing your game settings for better performance.