If you get "Error Code: CHIVE" when trying to launch Destiny 2 on PC/Steam, follow these steps to see if they resolve your issue.
How to Fix "Error Code CHIVE" on Destiny 2
- You should update your graphics card driver. NVIDIA drivers here. AMD drivers here.
- If you are using an up-to-date graphics driver, you should completely uninstall graphics driver using DDU.
- Then, install the previous graphics driver. NVIDIA / AMD
- Restart your computer.
- If you are using Windows 7, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805
- Click on Download button.
- Select the Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu
- Click on Next
- Install it after download.
- Verify your game files. Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Destiny 2, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.