When you run GTA 5 on your PC, Rockstar Games Launcher is loading (Connecting to Rockstar Games Services), then it does not respond and freezes (won’t launch)? I have listed all the solutions I found about this problem. I recommend that you follow all the steps carefully.
How to Fix the Rockstar Games Launcher Issue?
- Firstly, you should uninstall the Rockstar Games Launcher & Rockstar Social Club (On Windows 10, you can find it, Settings > Apps > App & Features)
- After that, navigate to C:\Users\*YourUserName*\Documents\
- Rename or delete the Rockstar Games folder. Back up before deleting!
- Now, install the Rockstar Games Launcher.
That’s all. If it still won’t launch, try next methods.
- On Windows 10, go to Settings > Apps > App & Features
- Find the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86. Uninstall it.
- Go to the folder where the GTAV is installed.
- Open the Redistributables folder.
- Install the vcredist_x86 in the VCRed folder.
Verify the GTA V’s files.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Grand Theft Auto V, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
Move the installation folder of GTA 5 to local disk C.
Steam library > Right-click on Grand Theft Auto V > Properties > Local Files > Move Install Folder
Update all of your drivers (GPU, Audio, Network) and operating system.
These were all the solutions that worked. As a last resort, you need to factory (hard) reset or reinstalling the Windows. If you find a better solution let us know too.
Last Updated on