You have a high-end computer and you have a low fps or fps drop problem on the GTA V, even though you have minimized the graphics settings?
I have some tips for you.
First of all, you must disable v-sync in the in-game settings.
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
- Click the Manage 3D settings
- After, click the Program Settings
- Next, click the Add
- Select the Grand Theft Auto V (GTA5.exe) from the list
- After that, make the following settings
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 2
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Vertical sync: Adaptive
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
Example > E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
- Right-click the GTA5.exe application
- Tap the Properties
- Tick Disable full-screen optimisations on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the OK
- Download and install the Process Lasso
- Run the Process Lasso application.
- Launch the GTA V.
- Go to the Process Lasso app and find the GTA5.exe in “All processes” list.
- Right-click on the exe and select the CPU Limiter
- Set the “When CPU use is” to 98
- Set the “Reduce by this many CPU cores” to 1
- Below the “Reduce by this many CPU cores”, set the “For a period of” to 1
- Click on the Add Rule button.
- Finally click OK button and play the game.
If you are still having problems, please share your computer features and details below.