Here is how to fix The Surge 2 error on startup. The error says "[FLR] Error. Unhandled exception occured: 0XC0000005", immediately after try to launch The Surge 2.
How to Fix The Surge 2 Won't Launch Issue
Especially, first solution tip solved the issue of many players.
- Open the Documents folder on your PC
- Go to the The Surge 2 folder.
- Delete the settings.ini file in The Surge 2 folder.
- Download the settings.ini file
- Put it here Documents > The Surge 2
- Try to launch the game.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32
- Find the amdvlk64.dll file in the System32 folder.
- Rename the amdvlk64.dll file to amdvlk64bkp.dll
- Verify your game files. Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the The Surge 2, go to Properties.
- On the LOCAL FILES tab, press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
Download the DirectX. Install/reinstall it and restart your PC. Then launch the game.
- You should update your graphics card driver. NVIDIA drivers here. AMD drivers here.
- If already installed the latest driver, try to downgrade your drivers, to old one version.
- You should update your OS too. In Windows 10, click on the Start icon.
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Update & Security.
- Check for updates.
- If you are using Windows 7, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805
- Click on Download button.
- Select the Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu
- Click on Next
- Install it after download.
- Repair the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable
- Go to ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2017
- Run the vc_redist.x64.exe in the 2017 folder.
- Install it. If already installed, you should click on the repair button.
- Do same thing to vc_redist.x86.exe
Disable fullscreen optimizations in Windows 10. How to disable it?
Use the System File Checker tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
I hope these tips helps you. I will update the guide when I found new solutions.
updating drivers worked
thanks for the effort m8.
Guide edited: I added a new method
voy a la carpeta documentos y entro a la carpeta surge 2 pero no aparece el setting.ini que puedo hacer?
Is something written above really works or am I looking at compilation of generic instructions?
You should try, it works for some players. Or, you'll have to wait until a patch arrives.