There’s an annoying error in The Surge 2. During the game loading, the VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST Vulkan error appears and The Surge 2 crashes. If you are experiencing this problem, I have listed a few possible solutions for you.
How to Fix VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST Error in The Surge 2
- You should rolling back to an older graphics driver. Go to the https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx
- Search for drivers that match your system and graphics card.
- Find the 436.48 version driver and download it.
- Use DDU to completely uninstall the graphics drivers
- After that, install the 436.48 version driver and reboot your PC.
- Verify your game files. Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the The Surge 2, go to Properties.
- On the LOCAL FILES tab, press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32
- Find the amdvlk64.dll file in the System32 folder.
- Rename the amdvlk64.dll file to amdvlk64backup.dll
You should also check out this thread.
I hope these fixes. If you are still encountering this issue,
- Navigate to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\The Surge 2\
- Open the settings.ini file.
- Find the logging_enabled in the file and set the value to true
logging_enabled = true
- Find the crashdump_level in the file and set the value to Large
crashdump_level = Large
- Save and exit the file.
- Run the game.
- When The Surge 2 crashed, go to C:\Users\*username*\Documents\The Surge 2\logs
- Send the files to [email protected]
The developers of The Surge 2 will analyze the files you send.