Issue: Every time I boot up Battlefield 2042, my video and control settings keep resetting. How to fix it?
Solution: Grant access to Battlefield 2042 in Windows Security.
- Go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to the "Virus & threat protection"
- Click "Allow an app through Controlled folder access" in the Ransomware Protection section.
- Click on the Add an allowed app button
- Next, click the "Browse all apps"
- Then browse to and select the BF2042.exe and BF2042_launcher.exe
(Both applications are in the main folder where Battlefield 2042 is installed.)
If you have an antivirus installed on your PC other than Microsoft Security, you should add BF2042.exe and BF2042_launcher.exe to the exclusion list in your antivirus, similar to the above.
I hope it works, if you have a problem just leave a comment below.