Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and information about known issues in Battlefield 2042 are listed below:
What CPU and GPU can run Battlefield 2042?
To play Battlefield 2042 on Windows PC, you must have AMD Ryzen 5 3600/i5 6600K or better CPU, and AMD Radeon RX 560/Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti or better GPU.
Does the game have a single-player campaign and story mode?
Unfortunately, unlike previous games in the series, Battlefield 2042 does not have a campaign mode with single player story missions. Only multiplayer modes are available!
Where is the location of Battlefield 2042 configuration file?
The configuration file (PROFSAVE_profile) containing the keybinding, audio, and graphics settings for Battlefield 2042 is located at:
You can open and edit the PROFSAVE_profile with notepad.
How do you slide in Battlefield 2042?
On PC, you can slide by pressing the crouch key (default key: Ctrl) while running in Battlefield 2042. On Xbox, press B while sprinting.
My controller not working - How to fix
If you're having trouble connecting your controller to a PC, you'll need to do a little tweaking in Steam. For Origin/EA App, you should use DS4Windows. Check this controller guide for the necessary settings.
PlayStation/Xbox controller issue on PC
My character looks down to the ground while playing Battlefield on PC with my PlayStation DualShock/DualSense, or Xbox controller. How can I fix this?
Workaround #1: Go to Options > Mouse & Keyboard > Global > Turn-off "Mouse Raw Input"
Workaround #2: You should unbind the keys in the keyboard and mouse for the specific functions to fix your controller issue in Battlefield 2042.
How to enable/disable crossplay on PC/PlayStation/Xbox
PC & PlayStation:
- Go to Options > General > Other
- Turn-off/turn-on the Cross-Play
- Go to exit the game
- Go to Xbox button > Profile & System > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Privacy > View details and customize > Communication & multiplayer
- Under "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live" select the Block/Allow
How to play BF with Xbox game pass on PC?
- Open the Xbox app on your PC.
- Go to the Gamepass menu
- Scroll down and click the "See Games" button under EA Play section
- Click "Install EA Desktop (Beta)" button
- Sign-in your EA account
- Link your EA account to Xbox (click "Link Accounts" button")
- Click on the Get Started.
- You can now play "EA Play" games. Go back to Xbox app > Gamepass > EA Play > See Games
- Select "Explore EA Desktop (Beta)"
- Go to Browse menu
- Find Battlefield 2042 and install it.
Unable to install the game - How to fix
If an error (Manifest Unavailable) occurred while installing Battlefield 2042 on Steam, just restart your router and PC.
How to enable and show FPS counter on PC
- Press the console key (tilde key "~")
- Type perfoverlay.drawfps 1
Or, you can make it enable automatically:
- Go to Origin > My Game Library
- Right-click on Battlefield 2042
- Select Game Properties
- In the "Command line arguments" box, type: -PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1