Video Horror Society won't launch and get an Easy Anti-Cheat Not Found error at startup.
That error message pops up for some Video Horror Society players when they start the game.
This guide is for you if you're experiencing the same Easy Anti-Cheat error in the game.
How to Fix the Easy Anti-Cheat is Not Installed Error
This error usually occurs when Easy Anti-Cheat is not installed properly.
To fix it, uninstall the Easy Anti-Cheat and verify the game files on the Steam client or Epic Games launcher. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming
- Run the unins.exe in the EAC folder.
- Then go to C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Local
- Do the same thing. Run the unins.exe in the EAC folder.
- After that, go to the Steam library
- Right-click on Video Horror Society
- Select Manage > Browse local files
- Run the UninstallAntiCheat.bat
- Delete the folder "EasyAntiCheat"
- Then repair the game files. Steam > Library > Right-click Video Horror Society > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files
Epic Games users should follow these steps after deleting Easy Anti-Cheat:
- Open the Epic Games launcher
- Go to the Library menu
- Click the three dots which is under Video Horror Society
- Select Manage
- Click the "Open Install Location"
- Run the UninstallAntiCheat.bat file and remove the "EasyAntiCheat" folder.
- Now you can verify the game files. Epic Games > Library > Video Horror Society > Manage > Verify Files
When you complete all the steps, you can play the end game.
Also, make sure Steam and Easy Anti-Cheat are given admin permissions. So they need to be run as administrators. Some Windows local accounts may not have administrative permissions. This poses some problems.
Please let me know in the comments below whether you are still facing the Easy Anti-Cheat issue when you try to launch Video Horror Society.