Why does the “D3DCOMPILER_43.dll was not found” error occur when I try to launch Sifu? How do I fix it?
Some Sifu players may encounter one of the following two errors.
“This application failed to start because d3dcompiler_43.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.”
How to fix D3DCOMPILER_43.dll error
The cause of the “D3DCOMPILER_43.dll was not found” error is that the D3DCOMPILER_43.dll file is corrupt or missing from the system.
To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Go to C:\Windows\System32
- Find the D3DCOMPILER_43.dll file and delete it. If you want, you can take a backup before deleting it.
- Then go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- And again, find the D3DCOMPILER_43.dll file and delete it.
- After that, download and run the “DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer”: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
- After the installation is finished, restart your PC.
- Now you can play Sifu.
Apart from the D3DCOMPILER_43.dll error, if the game crashes to the desktop without an error message, you can try to repair the game in the Epic Games launcher. (EG Launcher > Library > Sifu > three dots > Verify)
I hope the above steps have helped you resolve the issue.
If you still receive the same error when trying to play Sifu, leave a comment below.