Some players trying to run Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem encounter the Cryinput.dll error.
CryInput.dll could not be loaded. This is likely due to not having Xinput support installed. Please install the most recent version of the DirectX runtime.
Usually, the Cryinput.dll error is caused by some dll files being corrupted or missing. It may even be caused by the software of USB devices. Anyway, I explained how to fix this error with different methods below.
This error is probably due to a controller you use. Unplug it and try to run the game. If it didn’t work or you want to play the game with the gamepad, try the next methods.
- Find xinput1_1.dll , xinput1_2.dll and xinput1_3.dll files in the System32 folder (C:\Windows\System32) and the SysWOW64 folder (C:\Windows\SysWOW64).
- Delete those files (xinput1_1.dll, xinput1_2.dll, xinput1_3.dll).
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
- Download and install the recent version of the DirectX.
If you have the latest GPU driver installed on your computer, rollback to a previous version. Someone encountering this error in another game solved the problem in this way.
Verifying Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem’s file integrity may solve the problem.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
If you’re still having the same problem, leave a comment! Please don’t forget to write down what PC specs and OS do you have.
Last Updated on 20 February, 2020 1:01 pm EST