Sometimes, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem keeps crashing during cutscene or gameplay, with a CryEngine Memory Allocation error. Usually this problem is caused by the game engine. Another possible cause is your system. There are something you can do to fix memory allocation error. I hope this guide helps you to resolve the crashing issue.
How to Fix CryEngine Memory Allocation Error
You can solve such memory errors using the virtual memory feature. You can adjust it by following the steps below.
- Type advanced system settings on Windows search box.
- Click on the “View advanced system settings”
- In the Advanced tab, Click on the Settings button on the Performance section.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Performance Options window.
- Click on the Change button on the Virtual memory section.
- Deselect the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” check box.
- Select Custom size
- Enter 6144 in the Initial size box.
- Enter 6144 or a larger value (e.g. 18432) in the Maximum size box.
- After that, click on the Set button.
- Finally click OK button and again click OK.
- Reboot computer.
Intelligent Standby List Cleaner
There is a free application called Intelligent standby list cleaner. The application will monitor and clear the memory standby list when it is > 1000mb (1gb). You can avoid the Memory Allocation Error by using this software.
- Download the Intelligent standby list cleaner
- Run the 7-zip file.
- Extract to a folder.
- Go to the that folder.
- Run the “Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC” application.
- Check the “Start ISLC minimized and auto-Start monitoring”
- Also, check the “Launch ISLC on user logon”
- Now, click on the Start button
- That's all, play the game now!
Please leave a comment below if you find any other solution.