If you cannot enable RTX (Ray Tracing) in Icarus, you can fix the problem by following the steps in this guide.
This issue occurs because you are running the game in DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 12. Follow these steps:
- Instead of running Icarus using the desktop shortcut, you should run the game by selecting Icarus in your Steam library and hitting the Play button.
- After pressing the Play button, you will see a small window. In the window that opens, select "Play Icarus (DX12 RTX 2070 or better)" and press the Play button.
- Then go to Settings > Display > Ray Tracing
- You can now enable the RTX.
As a second option, to run Icarus in DirectX 12, you can add the code “-dx12” to the launch options on Steam.
- Go to library and right-click on Icarus
- Navigate to Properties > General > Launch Options
- Type -dx12 into the box.