Some Gears 5 players cannot play Versus on PC. They get an error "An error has occurred. Please try again later. Failed to sign in to an Xbox Live profile". Here is how to fix the connection issue.
- Click on Windows 10 Start icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on the Time & Language
- Make sure checked the "Set time automatically"
- Also, make sure checked the "Set time zone automatically"
- Finally, under the "Synchronize your clock", click on the Sync Now button. If you have issue with sync, you should check this.
- Go to the Xbox website.
- Logout from the Xbox website.
- Then, login on Xbox website.
- When you are in the menu after the intro, press C without pressing ENTER key.
- Relogin with your Microsoft account.
- Click on Windows 10 Start icon
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on the Gaming
- Go to the "Xbox Networking" tab.
- Click on the "Fix it" button.
- Install the Xbox Identity Provider
- Sign up and login to Xbox Console Companion.