Everspace 2 is an engaging space exploration and combat game with breathtaking visuals and fast-paced gameplay. However, players might face FPS cap issues, such as being limited to 60, 120, or 144 FPS. In this guide, we'll discuss how to address these FPS cap problems, unlock max frame rate, and optimize your gaming experience.
Why is your FPS capped at 60 in Everspace 2?
The primary reason for the FPS cap in Everspace 2 is the V-Sync setting, which synchronizes your game's frame rate with your monitor's refresh rate to prevent screen tearing. Although V-Sync can provide a more visually pleasing experience, it can also limit your game's FPS to match your monitor's refresh rate. If your monitor has a 60Hz refresh rate, V-Sync will cap your FPS at 60.
How to Disable V-Sync
V-Sync is a setting that synchronizes your game's frame rate with your monitor's refresh rate to prevent screen tearing. While V-Sync can enhance visual quality, it can also limit your FPS (set maximum FPS) to match your monitor's refresh rate. Disabling V-Sync can help you achieve higher frame rates in Everspace 2:
- Launch Everspace 2 and wait for the main menu to appear.
- Click on the "Settings" option in the main menu.
- From the settings menu, click on the "Graphics" tab.
- Go to the Display section.
- Locate the "V-Sync" option and toggle it off.
Keep in mind that disabling V-Sync might cause screen tearing, but it will allow for higher FPS in the game.
Turning off the FPS Cap
Along with disabling V-Sync, you can also turn off the FPS cap in Everspace 2 to unlock higher frame rates. Here's how to do it:
- Navigate to Settings > Graphics > Display
- Find the "FPS Cap" option under the Display section.
- Turn the FPS Cap off to unlock your game's frame rate.
By turning off the FPS Cap, your game should now be able to run at a higher FPS, depending on your hardware and in-game settings.
Other Factors That May Affect Your FPS
If you continue to experience FPS issues after disabling V-Sync and adjusting the FPS cap, consider the following factors that might impact your game's performance:
- Hardware limitations: Ensure your PC's hardware meets or exceeds the game's system requirements, as underpowered components can limit your FPS.
- GPU driver updates: Keep your graphics card drivers up-to-date for optimal game performance.
- In-game settings: Lowering graphical settings, such as texture quality, shadows, and anti-aliasing, can significantly improve your FPS in Everspace 2.
- Monitor refresh rate: Your monitor's refresh rate can affect the FPS you experience. Make sure to set your monitor's refresh rate to the highest possible value in your display settings.
By following this guide, you should be able to fix Everspace 2 FPS cap issues and enjoy a smoother gaming experience.