How do I limit the frame rate in Lost Ark Online? How to set a maximum FPS in Lost Ark?
I will show you two ways to limit FPS for Lost Ark in this post.
How to limit FPS in Lost Ark
It is not possible to limit the FPS in Lost Ark's in-game graphics settings for now. But this is not a big problem. Fortunately, it is possible to set maximum FPS for Lost Ark with 3rd party applications.
This guide will explain how to limit FPS with the NVIDIA control panel and RivaTuner.
How to set a maximum frame rate for Lost Ark in NVIDIA Control Panel
NVIDIA users can easily lock FPS in Lost Ark following the steps below.
- Right-click on a blank space on the desktop, then select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Under 3D Settings, click Manage 3D settings
- Go to the "Program Settings" tab.
- Use the "Select a program to customize" drop-down list, and select Lost Ark. If there is not Lost Ark, click Add button and select LOSTARK Client there. Then click the "Add Selected Program" button.
- Find "Max Frame Rate" in the list under "Specify the settings for this program".
- You can limit the FPS in Lost Ark as you wish by clicking the drop-down menu next to "Max Frame Rate".
- Then click Apply.
In order to avoid screen tearing in Lost Ark, it would be better if you set the "Max Frame Rate" according to a value 1-2 below the refresh rate of your monitor. For example, you can limit the FPS to 58 for 60 Hz.
To avoid screen tearing, I always limit my frame rate to 140 as I have a 144 Hz monitor.
With the same method, you can set the maximum FPS for other games in NVIDIA Control Panel.
How to cap frame rate in Lost Ark with RivaTuner
Alternatively, you can use RivaTuner to limit fps in Lost Ark. Both AMD and NVIDIA users can use this method.
- Download and install the "Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server"
- Launch RivaTuner Statistics Server
- In the window that opens, apply the following settings:
Start with Windows: On
Stealth mode: On
Framerate limit: Set as you want
- Then minimize it.
Note: In this way, you will limit the FPS for all applications and games on your PC. Or, you can select lostark.exe by clicking the Add button, and you can set the max frame rate for it only.
I hope this guide helped you to lock FPS in Lost Ark. Also, if you're interested in learning how to increase FPS and performance in Lost Ark, check out that guide too.