Atlas Fallen has been celebrated as one of the most intriguing action role-playing video games of our time. Developed by Deck13 Interactive and published by Focus Entertainment, the game takes players on a mesmerizing journey where they rise from the dust, tackle ancient mysteries, and combat legendary monsters. But as with many high-end games, some Atlas Fallen players may experience issues such as crashing, freezing, not launching, and the dreaded black screen. The good news? We've got the solutions, and this guide will walk you through each one, step by step.
How to Troubleshoot Crashing, Not Launching, Black Screen Issues in Atlas Fallen
If you're playing Atlas Fallen and encounter technical glitches like crashing, not launching, or black screen issues, you're not alone. These are common hiccups, but don't worry. We've compiled a list of solutions to swiftly tackle these problems and get you back into the game.
1. Verify Game Files
- Open your Steam client.
- Navigate to your Library and right-click on Atlas Fallen.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Installed Files tab.
- Hit the Verify Integrity of Game Files button. This will check if any files are missing or corrupted and redownload them if necessary.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
If you're diving deep into the captivating world of Atlas Fallen but find the game crashing or not launching, it's definitely a frustrating hiccup. In fact, one of the most common culprits behind such glitches is outdated GPU drivers. So, unquestionably, it's essential to ensure that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date, whether you're using NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel.
For instance, here's how you can get the latest drivers for each:
- NVIDIA: NVIDIA is a powerhouse in the graphics card industry. Undeniably, keeping their drivers updated can enhance your gaming experience. Visit the NVIDIA Driver Downloads page here to grab the latest driver suitable for your card.
- AMD: AMD has, forever, been a staunch competitor to NVIDIA. Eternally committed to improving user experience, AMD frequently updates their drivers. Without reservation, head over to their official driver download page here to get the latest.
- Intel: If you're using an integrated GPU from Intel, it's equally important to keep it updated. Intel, always ensuring the best for its users, regularly rolls out driver updates. Navigate to Intel's official download center here to secure the most recent driver for your hardware.
- Visit the official website of your GPU manufacturer (either NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel).
- Search for the latest drivers compatible with your GPU model.
- Download and install the driver.
- Restart your PC and then try launching Atlas Fallen.
3. Run as Administrator
Sometimes, Atlas Fallen may not launch because it requires additional permissions to run properly.
- Navigate to the Atlas Fallen installation folder.
- Right-click on the exe file of Atlas Fallen.
- Choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box that says Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply, then OK.
- After that, try to launch the game.
4. Install Visual C++ Redistributables
Many games, including Atlas Fallen, rely on Visual C++ Redistributables to prevent issues like crashing and not launching, ensuring they function correctly.
- Visit the official Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable webpage: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
- Download the latest versions (both x86 and x64 if you're on a 64-bit system).
- Install them, and then give the game another go.
5. Install DirectX
DirectX is a collection of APIs designed to allow software, especially video games, to operate properly on your Windows system. Atlas Fallen, like many other games, requires certain versions of DirectX to run smoothly, preventing crashes and launch issues.
- First, head over to the official Microsoft website to download the latest version of DirectX. You can obtain it here.
- Once the download is complete, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions. The setup process is pretty straightforward, and it will automatically update DirectX to the latest version available.
For some older games or specific troubleshooting steps, you might be directed to install DirectX Redist (June 2010). This is a redistributable version that ensures support for earlier versions of DirectX which some software might require.
- To install DirectX Redist (June 2010), first download the package from this link.
- After downloading, extract the files to a location on your computer.
- Navigate to the extracted folder and search for the DXSETUP.exe file.
- Run DXSETUP.exe and follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your PC to ensure the changes take effect.
By ensuring that you have the correct version of DirectX installed, you're taking a crucial step in optimizing your gaming experience and preventing potential issues while playing Atlas Fallen or any other game.
6. Reinstall the Game
If all else fails, a clean install might be the solution.
- Uninstall Atlas Fallen via Steam or system settings.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall Atlas Fallen from your game launcher.