In this tutorial you will find steps to make controller (gamepad, joystick, wheel) work with Destiny 2 on the Steam.
How to Fix Gamepad Issue in Destiny 2
- Plug in your controller.
- Run the Steam
- Go to the Big Picture Mode, at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings logo
- Go to the Controller Settings
- Uncheck all boxes at the top
- Select your controller that under the "Detected Controllers"
- Click on the Hide Device button.
- Click on the Back button, then again Back button
- Finally, Exit Big Picture
Now, you can play the Destiny 2 with your controller.
By the way, if you want to buy new games for really cheap, use this link please.