First off, let's dive straight into it. If you're here, it probably means you're experiencing the DirectX Function Failed Error in EA SPORTS FC 24. This can be indeed frustrating, especially when you're eager to experience the HyperMotion V technology or the newly introduced PlayStyles. It's extremely unfortunate when such errors hinder your gaming experience. FC 24, with its plethora of enhancements, is definitely something worth diving into, without interruptions. So, let's navigate this together!
How to Fix DirectX Function Failed Error in FC 24
FC 24 users have, surprisingly, encountered several DirectX errors such as DXGI_ERROR_ACCCESS_DENIED, DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL, and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
The DirectX error messages in FC 24 might be one of the following:
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ("You tried to use a resource to which you did not have the required access privileges."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU", Driver: 53742. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers.
DirectX function "m_swapChain->ResizeBuffers( m_bufferCount, m_info.width, m_info.height, m_outputModeFormat, swapChainDesc.Flags)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL ("The application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before the application is released."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090", Driver: 53742
DirectX function "m_d3d12PipelineLibrary->StorePipeline(HashStrDx12(key), pipelineState)" failed with E_UNEXPECTED ("Unexpected failure."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650", Driver: 53742. E:\ packages\RenderCore2\2.10.00-fb-fifa_18570913\source\platform\PcDx12\PipelineLibraryPcDx12.cpp
DirectX function "m_devicePlat->CreateCommittedResource(&heapProps, D3D12_HEAP_FLAG_NONE, &platDesc creationState, clearValuePtr, __uuidof. IID_PPV_ARGS_Helper failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. "). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060", Driver: 53742. DeviceRemovedReason: DXGI_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ("You tried to use a resource to which you did not have the required access privileges.").
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT", Driver: 23.9.2. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers.
Emphatically, this can be unsettling, but there's some good news. We've compiled a list of potential fixes for these issues. Most importantly, the detailed step-by-step guide is provided below. Without reservation, let's dive into the solutions!
1. Play in Windowed Mode
A seemingly simple yet effective fix. Try switching your game to windowed mode.
Playing EA SPORTS FC 24 in windowed mode can sometimes bypass these DirectX errors. Certainly, it's a temporary fix, but it can get you back into the game quickly.
2. Unplug the Second Monitor
Believe it or not, some monitors or their connecting cables can be the culprit behind DirectX issues. Therefore, it might be a good idea to try playing the game using only your main monitor. Unplug your secondary monitor and see if the DirectX error persists in FC 24.
For instance, one user found success by unplugging their main 240 Hz monitor and using their secondary one. Naturally, it's not an ideal long-term solution, but it can definitely serve as a temporary workaround.
3. Clean Install Graphics Drivers
It's essential to ensure your graphics drivers are up-to-date and functioning correctly. Here's a brief guide:
- Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).
- Run DDU and remove your current graphics driver. Here is a guide on how to use DDU.
- Restart your PC.
- Go to your graphics card manufacturer's website.
- Download the latest driver and install.
4. Install DirectX
DirectX is a collection of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) essential for multimedia tasks, especially gaming and video, on Microsoft platforms. It's paramount for the smooth performance and rendering of visual effects in games like FC 24.
If you're facing the DirectX function failed error in EA SPORTS FC 24, there's a good chance your DirectX version might either be outdated or corrupted.
To rectify this:
- Navigate to the official Microsoft website.
- Search for the latest version of DirectX. Make sure to select the version compatible with your operating system.
- Download and install the software.
- Once installed, restart your PC to ensure all changes take effect.
5. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
This can be another source of the error. You can either:
Navigate to C:\Program Files\EA Games\EA SPORTS FC 24\__Installer\vc and run the VC executable.
Or, go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable page and download the required files.
6. Update Windows and BIOS
Staying up-to-date with both Windows and BIOS is crucial not just for FC 24 but for overall system stability and performance. Here’s why these updates are essential and how to ensure you’re on the latest versions:
Why Update Windows:
Windows OS updates offer a myriad of improvements, ranging from security patches to performance enhancements and even new features. Specifically for games like FC 24, these updates can provide better compatibility, smoother gameplay, and sometimes even fix unforeseen bugs or errors like the DirectX one.
How to Update Windows:
- Click on the Start button and select Settings (gear icon).
- Navigate to Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- If there are available updates, you'll see an option to Download and Install. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, you might be prompted to restart your PC. Make sure to save all work before doing so.
Why Update BIOS:
The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the firmware used during the booting process of your computer. It manages data flow between the computer's OS and attached devices like the hard drive, video adapter, keyboard, and mouse. Updates to BIOS can bring about better system stability, compatibility with new hardware, and sometimes even enhance the overall performance.
However, updating BIOS is a sensitive task. Always ensure you're downloading the correct version for your motherboard and follow instructions diligently, as incorrect BIOS updates can lead to system issues.
How to Update BIOS:
- Identify your motherboard's brand and model. This can be done using system information tools or by checking the motherboard physically.
- Visit the official website of your motherboard's manufacturer.
- Navigate to the support or download section and search for the latest BIOS version for your specific motherboard model.
- Download the BIOS update.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions closely. This often involves placing the BIOS file on a USB drive and rebooting into the BIOS to initiate the update process.
- Once the update is complete, your computer will reboot. Make sure not to interrupt the update process once it starts.
7. Use the System File Checker Tool
The System File Checker (SFC) is an incredibly valuable utility that comes built-in with the Windows Operating System. Its primary function is to scan and repair missing or corrupted system files, which can sometimes be the root cause behind seemingly unrelated issues, like the DirectX error in FC 24.
How to Run the SFC Tool:
- Press Windows + S on your keyboard to bring up the search bar.
- Type in "cmd" or "Command Prompt".
- Right-click on the Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator. This action is crucial, as the tool requires administrative privileges to function effectively.
- In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The SFC tool will commence its scan. This process can take some time, depending on the size of your system files and the performance of your computer.
- Once the scan is complete, the tool will provide a summary of its findings and any actions it took (or recommends you to take).
If the SFC tool does find and repair any files, it's advisable to restart your PC after the scan, ensuring that all changes and repairs are fully integrated.
8. Rename FC 24 in Documents Folder
Occasionally, game-related configurations and cache stored in the Documents folder can lead to pesky errors, like the DXGI issues in FC 24. A simple and often effective troubleshooting step is renaming the game's folder.
How to Rename the FC 24 Folder:
- Navigate to your Documents folder on your computer.
- Locate the FC 24 folder within the Documents directory.
- Right-click on the FC 24 folder and choose Rename.
- Change the folder's name to FC 24 OLD. Alternatively, you can use any other distinctive name of your choice.
- Once renamed, launch the game again to check if the DXGI error persists.
Renaming this folder essentially causes the game to regenerate a new folder with default settings, possibly bypassing any configuration glitches causing the DXGI error in EA SPORTS FC 24. If the issue is resolved and you wish to retain certain saved game data or settings, you can always transfer specific files from the "FC 24 OLD" folder back to the newly generated "FC 24" folder, being cautious not to reintroduce the problem.
The Last Whistle: Resolving DirectX Error in FC 24
Dealing with technical errors can often be daunting, especially when all you want to do is enjoy a gaming session. With EA Sports FC 24 introducing cutting-edge features and graphical prowess, it's no surprise that occasional glitches, like the DirectX Error, DirectX Function Failed, DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG, DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL, DXGI_ERROR_ACCCESS_DENIED, and DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED errors, might creep in.
Fortunately, with the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you can swiftly address these issues and dive back into the immersive world of football that EA Sports has so masterfully crafted. Always remember, regular system maintenance and staying updated is the key to a seamless gaming experience.