If you're experiencing crashes in eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 & eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE and getting "PES 2020 has stopped working" error, you should try these tips to fix that issue.
If you overclocked, you should deactivate it. Disable the OC of GPU and CPU.
Maybe you're getting this error because your save files are corrupted. Therefore, delete your save datas and start the game with a new save.
Download the DirectX. Install it and restart your PC. Then launch the game.
- You should verify your game files. Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the eFootball PES 2020 (or PES 2021) , go to Properties.
- On the LOCAL FILES tab, press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
- Go to …\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\eFootball PES 2020\Settings.exe
- Open Settings.exe
- Go to Online tab.
- Disable auto UDP Port
- Click on OK
- Also. If your modem/router has UPnP feature, disable it.
- Turn off the Windows 10 game mode, click the Start icon to bring up the Start menu. Then open the Settings.
- Click the Gaming
- On the Game Bar tab, set the “Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar” to Off.
- On the Captures tab, set the “Record in the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- On the Game Mode tab, set the “Game Mode” to Off.
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
(e.g. H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\eFootball PES 2020 )
- Right-click the PES2020.exe application
- Tap the Properties
- Tick Disable full-screen optimisations on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the OK
- Disable the Steam Overlay
- Go to Steam Library
- Right-click on the eFootball PES 2020/2021
- Click on the Properties
- Untick the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game"
In addition, if the game is installed on a laptop, check this guide.