Escape from Tarkov does not start and displays the following error message:
"Error on POST. Status Code: InternalServerError/GatewayTimeout/BadGateway"
On some players' PCs, EFT won't launch due to the above error. If you are facing this problem too, you can fix it by following the steps.
1. Clear Cache
To fix "Error on POST" in Escape from Tarkov, try to clear the cache first. This has worked for many players. Follow these steps and see if it fixes it:
How to clear cache in Escape from Tarkov
- Run your Battlestate Games Launcher
- Open the drop-down menu under your name.
- Then select Settings
- Scroll down and click the "Clean Temp folder"
- Select Yes
- Restart the launcher
- Click on the "Check for updates"
2. Verify game files
If the error persists even after clearing the cache, you should try verifying the game files.
How to verify integrity of EFT files
- Open the launcher and go to Settings
- Click on the "Set the path to existing game installation"
- Select the same main folder where EFT is currently installed. So just click the "Select Folder" button.
This may or may not download files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or HDD/SSD speeds so be wary of that.
Once the verification is finished, you can try to play Escape from Tarkov.
If all else fails, maybe this is a temporary issue due to server congestion. Just wait a bit or submit a ticket by clicking the "Report bug" button in the launcher.