How to increase FPS in God of War on PC - Players who experience performance problems in the PC version of God of War can fix issues such as fps drop, lag, stuttering, and increase the number of fps by trying the methods in this performance improvement guide.
1) Graphics drivers
God of War may run worse, crash or even be unable to launch on older versions of the graphics drivers. To fix performance issues, you should update your GPU drivers.
To play God of War on PC smoothly, if you have an Nvidia GPU, download the 511.23 drivers or later, and if you have an AMD graphics card, then use Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.1.1 drivers or newer ones.
Download the latest graphics card drivers from these links:
To do a clean GPU driver install, use a third-party program called Display Driver Uninstaller.
2) Best graphics settings for performance
First of all, if your GPU supports DLSS, make sure to enable DLSS and set it to Performance or Balanced (Settings > Display). If DLSS isn't an option for you, you can enable AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR).
The best God of War PC graphics settings for performance:
Settings > Graphics
|Minimum System||High Performance||Performance||Quality|
|Reflections||Disable||Disable||Original or High||High|
3) Memory Leak Fix
Suppose you have a memory leak and get to the point of almost running out of memory while playing God of War. It will cause a stuttering issue in God of War. In that case, you need to restart your PC or use a utility called Intelligent Standby List Cleaner.
Intelligent Standby List Cleaner is a simple software that runs in the background. I've been using it for a long time without any problems.
4) NVIDIA Control Panel settings
- Exit the game.
- Right-click on a blank space on the desktop, and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- In NVIDIA Control Panel, go to 3D Settings > manage 3D settings > Program Settings
- Click on the “Add” buton
- Select God of War and click the “Add Selected Program“
- Set “Power management mode” to “Prefer maximum performance”
- Set “Texture filtering – Quality” to “High performance”
- Click Apply
5) AMD Radeon settings
- Exit the game
- Open Radeon software
- Click the Gaming tab
- Select God of War
- Enable Radeon Anti-Lag
- Disable Radeon Chill
- Disable Enhanced Sync
- Set the “Wait for Vertical Refresh” to Always off
- Click the Advanced
- Set the “Texture Filtering Quality” to Performance
- Power Options: Make sure the power settings are set to High or Extreme.
- Game Mode: Disable the Game Mode on Windows 10.
- Background Applications: Disable all unnecessary applications running in the background on your PC.
- High CPU Usage Fix: If your CPU usage is extremely high while playing God of War, you can use Process Lasso.
- Full-screen Optimizations: There is a performance issue with Full Screen optimizations in Windows 10. So you should disable Fullscreen optimizations.
That's all. Please share your God of War frame rates and PC specs in the comment area below.