When you try to run Marvel's Avengers game, you may get an error message with an error code (0x997A0006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG).
The error says: "A problem occurred with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings. You can retry using the same settings, or adjust them to lower settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware, and try rebooting your system to help clear up any issues.
How to fix DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error in Marvel's Avengers
If you are facing this issue, don't worry! It is possible to run the game properly by trying the possible solutions in this guide.
This issue could occur if SLI mode is enabled. I was watching Lirik's Marvel's Avengers live stream on Twitch and he encountered the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error. He solved the problem by disabling SLI mode in the Nvidia control panel. So if you have SLI you should try to disable it.
#2 GPU drivers
As the error message says, you must update the GPU driver. Maybe there is a bug in the Nvidia control panel so you should uninstall the driver using the DDU utility, then install the latest driver.
#3 Graphics settings
You can try to launch Marvel's Avengers after lowering the graphics settings in the game's launcher.
- Run the game
- Go to the Settings menu in the launcher
- On the "Display" tab, check the Fullscreen
- Set the Anti-Aliasing to Off
- On the "Graphics" tab, set the Preset to Lowest
- Make sure that all the options on the right are unchecked, then click the OK button.
- Now, click on the Play button.
And also, if your PC does not meet the minimum requirements, the game may crash and then you may encounter the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error.
Minimum System Requirements for Marvel's Avengers:
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: i3-4160 or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 950 / AMD 270 (min 2GB video ram)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 75 GB available space