In Monster Hunter World, if you experience a crash with a error message "Fatal error. ERR11 : Invalid DXGI call", follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
Monster Hunter: World won't launch on PC- How to fix fatal error
1) Disable the DirectX 12
Disabling DirectX 12 might fix your problem. You can disable DirectX 12 by making a change in the game's graphics settings file. Luckily it’s pretty simple, just follow the steps below:
- Right-click on Monster Hunter: World in your Steam library.
- Hover the mouse over Manage
- Select "Browse local files"
- Monster Hunter: World's installation folder will open
- Right-click on the "graphics_option"
- Select Edit
- Find the DirectX12Enable=On in the file
- Change the DirectX12Enable=On to DirectX12Enable=Off
- Save the changes and close the file.
2) Disable the Steam Overlay
- Go to your Steam library
- Right-click on Monster Hunter: World
- Select Properties
- On the General tab make sure that the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" is unticked.
Note: You should also disable the overlay of applications such as Nvidia GeForce Experience, Discord.
3) Special K
Mods or applications like Special K can lead to crash. So I suggest you turn them off.
If the problem still persists, you can try deleting the graphics_option config file. After that, maybe MHW can run without any problems.