Sea of Thieves is available on Steam now. Moreover, the Steam version is included in cross play. So we can play together with our friends on Xbox One and Windows 10 platforms.
In this guide, I will explain how to add and invite your friends on Steam and Microsoft Store.
How to Add a Friend to the Friends List in Sea of Thieves
- Type “Xbox Console Companion” in the Windows search bar and open the app.
- On the right, in the “Friends & clubs” section, type your friend’s Xbox name in the search box and press Enter.
- Click the Add friend button on your friend’s profile.
- Also, your friend should add you by following the same steps.
It is possible to easily add your friend by following the steps above. Now, how do I invite my friend to my game?
How to Invite Friends in Sea of Thieves
You can invite your friends using the “Game bar” feature in Windows 10. First, let’s make sure the Game bar feature is enabled.
- Navigate to Windows Start > Settings > Gaming > Game bar
- On the Game bar tab, turn on the “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar“.
- Now, launch Sea of Thieves
- Press Win+G keys
- Click on the Xbox Social icon.
- Right-click on your friend and invite
Note: If the Game bar feature or Xbox Companion app are not running, your operating system is probably either not licensed or outdated.
Yes, you can! What I said above also applies to you.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Last Updated on 9 June, 2020 6:36 pm EDT