Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege may not detect the GPU on some computers. This problem usually occurs on laptops.
There are a few things you can do to let the game detect your graphics card. To fix this issue, follow these steps.
How to Let the R6 Detect Your GPU?
Running the R6 Siege as an administrator can help.
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
- Right-click on the RainbowSix.exe application.
- Tap the Properties
- Tick Run this program as an administrator on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the OK
- Open your NVIDIA Control Panel. You can download the latest NVIDIA graphics card driver here.
- Go to the Manage 3D settings.
- On the Global Settings tab, set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor
- Then, go to the Program Settings tab
- Click the Add
- Select the Rainbow Six from the list
- Set preferred graphics processor to “High-performance NVIDIA processor“
- Click on the Apply
If your computer has integrated graphics, you should disable the Intel video card in Device Manager.
- Right-click on Windows Start logo
- Go to Device Manager
- Under the Display adapters, right-click on the Intel video card
- Click Disable device
Meanwhile, it is best to disable Intel HD Graphics in Bios. Of course if you know how to do it.
so if i disable intigrated graphix should i be fine or should i look into disabaling for bios, what ind issues will i run into if i just general disable