Wasteland 3 not launching and crashing are issues that some players are experiencing. For some players, clicking the Play button in Steam or Microsof Store GamePass does not even open the game. For some, Wasteland 3 crashes right after the loading screen.
In this guide, I have listed possible solutions to your problems in Wasteland 3.
Minimum system requirements for Wasteland 3:
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 760 or AMD Equivalent
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 52 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Make sure your computer has the features required to run the game. According to the minimum system requirements, it is necessary to have Windows 10 to run the game. Maybe there are those who can play on Windows 7 or Windows 8, but this is unlikely to happen.
Anyway, if the computer meets the minimum system requirements, you can start trying the methods below.
There may be problems with the game’s files. So try verifying the game’s files or reinstalling the game.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on Wasteland 3
- Select Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
You should install/repair the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributables for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. You can also do this by running the vcredist 2019 application in Steam’s installation folder.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared_CommonRedist\vcredist\2019
Note: If you installed Steam on a different local disk, its location may be in a different location.
- Run the VC_redist.x64.exe and install/repair it.
- Then run the VC_redist.x86.exe and install/repair it.
- Reboot PC.
If you want to play the game smoothly, you should make sure that the graphics drivers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers using the links below:
Wasteland 3 requires an up-to-date Windows 10. So make sure your operating system is up to date.
- Go to Windows Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Click on “Check for updates” button.
- If new updates are available, install them and restart the computer.
Some antivirus programs such as Avast, Avira may prevent Wasteland 3 from working. So you need to add the game’s installation folder to your antivirus program’s exclusion list (whitelist).
The game folder location for Steam users: Steam library > Right click on Wasteland 3 > Manage > Browse local files
Location for Microsoft Store Game Pass users: WindowsApps folder on the local disk where you installed the game.
In order to play the game, the Xbox (beta) application must be installed on your system.
If the Xbox (beta) app is installed but the game is stuck at the loading screen (giant scorpion), exit the game, run the Xbox (beta) app, log out of your account, and then re-login.
Windows N users may encounter the black screen issue. To fix this, you must install Media Feature Pack and restart the computer.
Last Updated on 28 August, 2020 2:18 pm EDT