Beyond a Steel Sky does not launch for some players when they press play button on Steam Library. This guide will explain how to fix Beyond a Steel Sky that won’t launch or crash constantly.
Try the following methods in order.
Install the Redistributable Packages required for the game to run normally. Go to the folder where Beyond a Steel Sky is installed and install them.
Redistributable Packages Folder Location: Steam\steamapps\common\Beyond a Steel Sky\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us
XINPUT1_4.dll is Missing
The game may not be running because the XINPUT1_4.dll file is missing. You can fix this problem as follows:
- Go to C:\Windows\System32
- Find the XINPUT1_3.dll file and copy it.
- Paste the file into the main folder where the game is installed. (Steam\steamapps\common\Beyond a Steel Sky)
- Rename the XINPUT1_3.dll file to XINPUT1_4.dll.
- Also copy and paste that XINPUT1_4.dll file into the System32 folder.
Verify Game Files
You should verify the game files.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the Beyond a Steel Sky
- Select Properties
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
You should update the GPU drivers and check for Windows updates.
Nvidia drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
AMD drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software