The game of some players crashes to the desktop randomly with black screen while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & COD Warzone Battle Royale. If you are experiencing this issue with no error message in Multiplayer or Campaign, follow these steps to fix it.
How to Fix Random Crashes in COD:MW
- Launch the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Go to the Graphics settings in the Options menu.
- Click on the Restart Shaders Installation
It will delete your shaders cache and reinstall all shaders from the beginning.
You should lowering graphics settings, run the COD in windowed mode, cap framerates to 60. You should also try to disable/unplug your second monitor.
You can rename the Player folder in config folder of COD. Location: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
- Launch the COD.
- Simultaneously press the ALT and TAB keys to minimize the game.
- Open the Task Manager
- Click on Details Tab
- In the list, find the ModernWarfare.exe application.
- Right-click on the ModernWarfare.exe application and Set priority to Normal. You need to adjust this setting every time you enter the COD.
You need to update your graphics drivers.
Turn off the Nvidia Geforce Experience overlay.
- Go to the GeForce Experience app.
- Click on the Settings icon (cogwheel) at the top right.
- Go to the General tab and disable the In-game Overlay.
You should also check this guide.
Last Updated on 11 March, 2020 12:02 pm EDT