It seems that some players have trouble running DOOM Eternal. The game does not launch or it crashes.
Generally, “DOOM Eternal won’t launch”, “game stuck on loading screen”, “game crashes on loading”, “loading screen freezes”, ” DOOM Eternal crashes to the desktop”, “black screen” issues are caused by drivers or 3rd party applications. I have listed potential solutions to these problems here.
I suggest you try the steps below in order to fix your issue.
I suggest you update your GPU driver and reinstall if it is already up to date.
- Download the latest graphics card drivers
Nvidia driver is here
AMD driver is here
- Download the DDU to completely remove old drivers.
- Run the 7z file and extract it to a folder on the desktop.
- Select device type. By the way, before doing this, recommended that reboot the Windows in safe mode.
- Select “Clean and restart”
- After that, install the driver and restart the PC.
In addition, advise you to update your other drivers and OS.
Also, if you are a laptop user, make sure you are using your main graphics card while running the game. Disable the integrated GPU (Intel HD graphics) in the Device Manager.
You need to verify the integrity of DOOM Eternal files.
- Go to the Steam library
- Right-click on the DOOM Eternal, go to Properties.
- Go to the LOCAL FILES tab
- Press the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
You should also disable the Steam Overlay.
- Go to the Settings page on the Steam.
- Click on the In-Game
- Make sure unchecked the “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game“
- Finally, click on the OK button.
Also, disabling the Steam Overlay fixes your low FPS issue.
Run the game directly from the DOOM Eternal’s install folder.
ReShade causes the “won’t launch” issue. So you need to uninstall it, or reinstall and untick the “Enable ReShade in Vulkan globally“.
Disable your second monitor, so just use your main display. You should also try to unplug your headset and gamepad/controller.
It is also recommended to disable SLI and OC.
Make sure your antivirus software is not blocking the game. You can temporarily disable the antivirus or whitelist the Doom.
Programs running in the background may be preventing DOOM Eternal from running. Such as MSI Afterburner, RTSS Rivatuner, Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP), Fraps, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, HWiNFO, EVGA Precision X1, ASUS GPU Tweak II, Razer Synapse, Keyboard&Mouse software, etc…
Instead of closing all programs individually, you can start Windows in safe mode or disable some of the services on System Configuration.
- Type the msconfig on Windows search box.
- Press Enter key
- Go to the Services tab.
- Select “Hide all Microsoft services”
- Click on the “Disable all” button.
- Finally click on the OK button.
- Restart the PC.
Don’t worry, you can go back to the old settings by pressing the “Enable all” button.
You should reinstall or repair the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
Installing the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) may fix your issue (Especially, Xinput1_3.dll is missing error). After the downloading has been finished, run the directx_Jun2010_redist and extract it to a new folder. After that run the DXSETUP.exe and install it.
If none of these are working to run Doom Eternal properly, please leave a comment by specifying your PC specs and OS.
Last Updated on 27 March, 2020 5:58 pm EDT