For players whose Farming Simulator 22 won't launch, crashes on the loading screen, freezes, and crashes during gameplay, this guide will show you how to fix it.
Windows 7 and Windows 8 users complain more about not being able to run the game. Many of these players who cannot run the FS22 encounter the error "d3d12.dll is missing from your computer". Windows 10 users seem to encounter fewer issues with Farming Simulator 22.
How to fix FS22 if it crashes or won't launch
If Farming Simulator 22 crashes, freezes, or won’t start at all, follow these steps and check if they help.
1. Switch to dx11 from config file
The game is set to run with DirectX 12 by default. You can change it to DirectX 11 from the config file. To fix "d3d12.dll is missing from your computer" error, follow these steps:
- Navigae to Documents > My Games > FarmingSimulator2022
- Open the game.xml file with notepad.
- Change <renderer>D3D_12</renderer> to <renderer>D3D_11</renderer>
- Save it and check if it works.
2. Repair game files
You should verify the integrity of Farming Simulator 22 files.
- Open the Steam and go to the library.
- Right-click on Farming Simulator 22
- Click the Properties
- Go to the "Local Files" page
- Click on the "Verify integrity of game files" button
Epic Games launcher:
- Run the Epic Games launcher
- Go to the Library
- Find Farming Simulator 22 and click three dots.
- Select the "Verify"
3. Update or downgrade your graphics drivers
Updating video card drivers is usually necessary for games to run properly, but sometimes it can have opposite results.
So I suggest you update your GPU driver first. If it's already up to date, temporarily reverting to an older driver might work. Some Nvidia users reported that using this method fixed crashes on the loading screen in FS 22.
You can access the Nvidia driver archive using the link below and download the version you want.
You can use DDU to uninstall your graphics drivers from your PC.
Links for the latest drivers:
4. Install DirectX and Visual C++
- To download DirectX, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
- Install it.
- Then, go to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
- Download and install both X86 and X64 Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Restart your PC.
5. Rename config/save folder
There may be a problem with your save or config files. To test it:
- Go to C:\Users\%UserName%\Documents\My Games
- Rename the "FarmingSimulator2022" to "FarmingSimulator2022 old"
- Try to run the game.
The reason for random crashes in Farming Simulator 22 Multiplayer mode is due to server density. For now, the only thing you can do is wait.
For more information, you can check out the troubleshooting guide. If I find more useful methods for Farming Simulator 22, I will update the article.