In Star Wars Battlefront II, there is no way to disable the microphone in game settings. So voice chat is always on, and everyone in the group can hear what we’re talking about. I have found two different methods to solve this issue. Method 2 solved my problem.
- Run the origin application.
- In the top left, click Origin
- Then click the Application Settings
- Go to the Voice tab
- Minimize the Microphone volume.
- Also, change the Activation mode to Push-to-talk.
We’re gonna add a fake microphone and make the game use that microphone. So our voice will not be heard in the voice chat. It works on Windows 10.
- Download the “VB-CABLE Virtual Audio Device” driver.
- Unzip the VBCABLE_Driver file.
- Right-click on VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe and select Run as administrator.
- After installation, launch Star Wars Battlefront 2.
- Press ALT+TAB
- Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom right.
- Click the Open Sound settings
- Go to the bottom of the window that opens.
- Click the “App volume and device preferences“
- Then in the STAR WARS Battlefront II line, use the “Input” drop-down list to select the “CABLE Output VB-Audio Virtual Cable”.
That’s all! Now, the microphone is disabled in the game.
If you experience a problem with the sound after installing the program, you should choose your output device in the Sound settings.
Last Updated on