Super People CBT is here, but some players are experiencing crashes on launch or while gameplay. If you're having issues launching/crashing feel free to try the solutions below.
Note: If the GeeGeeClient launcher opens with a black screen, Method #3 will most likely fix the issue.
For SUPER PEOPLE players who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behavior with the game, in that case, you can try to verify your game files. Follow the steps below if you don't know how to verify the game files:
- Open up your Steam library
- Right-click on SUPER PEOPLE
- Select Properties
- Go to Local Files tab
- Click on the "Verify integrity of beta files"
- After you’ve ensured that verifying is completed, restart Steam
- Go to Library page
- Select SUPER PEOPLE and click Play
- Right-click on Windows Start icon and select Run (or press Windows + R keys)
- Type services.msc
- Press Enter key
- The Services window will open, find the "Windows management Instrumentation" from the list.
- Right-click on it and select Start (If it is not running)
- Then go to your Steam library and play the game.
When you press the Play button on Steam, if the GeeGee launcher pops up with a black screen (or not even launch) and SUPER PEOPLE does not start, this method may fix your issue.
- On Windows 10, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features
- Find and select the GeeGeeClient
- Click the "Uninstall" button.
- Then go to your Steam library and repair the game
Right-click on SUPER PEOPLE > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of beta files
- After that select Super people in the Steam library and click Play. (Do not use desktop shortcut)
Third-party software running in the background can cause interference with SUPER PEOPLE. You should try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Super People. The steps below will show you what to do:
- Type msconfig in the Windows search bar
- Open the "System Configuration"
- Go to the Services tab.
- Select “Hide all Microsoft services” (This is important! If you do not select this, you may encounter another problem.)
- Then click on the “Disable all” button.
- Click OK button.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If this method doesn't work for you, or if you encounter any other issue after doing the above, you can restore it by clicking the "Enable all" button.
If you're getting the "MSVCP140_1.dll was not found" error on startup, follow these steps to install the Visual C++ Redistributables.
Make sure your anti-virus software is not blocking Super Game from launching. It may be necessary to add exceptions in your firewall/antivirus for the installation folder of SUPER PEOPLE. Temporarily disabling it will also work.
For example, if you are using Bitdefender, you should disable Advanced Threat Defense. Or, check out this.
I hope these were enough, if I find different methods to fix SUPER PEOPLE, I will share them here.
Mobile Verification Issue
Additionally, I would like to share with you my own experience with this issue if there are those who do not receive the verification SMS. I selected my country from the top-right list, clicked the Resend button, waited a while, and got a verification code.
DX12 is not supported on your system
You get an error on startup with the message "DX12 is not supported on your system" because your GPU does not support DirectX 12. To play Super People, you must have a graphics card with Dx12 support.
Set Steam Arguments on Launch Option
Most likely, because your operating system is Windows 7, you are encountering the "Set Steam Arguments on Launch Option" error when you try to launch SUPER PEOPLE. To play the game, you must upgrade your OS to Windows 10/11.