How to fix UE4 Fatal Error in Achilles: Legends Untold - The last thing you want to happen is having to deal with crashes while playing your game. Unfortunately, many players have had to deal with these kinds of problems. If you are one of these people, don't fret because this guide will help you fix this Achilles: Legends Untold Fatal Error. It is possible to get rid of this problem in the game by simply trying the following methods in order.
1. Run Achilles-Win64-Shipping.exe
Instead of launching the game in the Steam library, try playing the game by running Achilles-Win64-Shipping.exe located in the game's main folder.
- Right-click on Achilles: Legends Untold in your Steam library
- Select Manage > Browse local files
- Navigate to ...\steamapps\common\Achilles Legends Untold\Achilles\Binaries\Win64\
- Run Achilles-Win64-Shipping.exe
2. Close Afterburner and other background apps
If you have Fatal Error issues while playing Achilles Legends Untold and have MSI Afterburner installed on your PC, you should disable it.
To do this:
- Open up the Afterburner application
- Go to Settings > General tab.
- Uncheck "Enable hardware control and monitoring"
- Then click Apply or OK. You can now close Afterburner.
Check other background programs as well. Make sure other programs are not causing the Fatal Error in Achilles: Legends Untold. More information on this can be found here.
3. Downgrade your GPU drivers
Downgrading your graphics drivers to an old version may fix the Fatal Error you encounter in Achilles: Legends Untold.
To fix it, download NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 512.15 or an older one. Then uninstall your driver with DDU. And then install the older driver you just downloaded.
Launch the game after the installation is finished and check if the error appears.
I hope I could help. Please share your experiences with us by leaving a comment below.