You've been revving up for some adrenaline-pumping action in The Crew Motorfest, but alas! The Crew Motorfest crashed. Maybe The Crew Motorfest won't launch at all, or perhaps you're staring at a seemingly endless black screen.
We get it—nothing kills the thrill faster than these types of issues. But don't fret! You're definitely in the right place to find a lifeline.
How to Fix Crashing, Launch Issues, and Black Screen in The Crew Motorfest
It's not uncommon for players to encounter problems like crashing, freezing, not launching, and the dreaded black screen in The Crew Motorfest. Luckily, I've got the scoop on how you can turn your game around.
Indeed, step-by-step solutions to these issues are outlined below. Trust me, these are not just random fixes but tried-and-true methods to get you back on track.
1. Verify Game Files
- Open Ubisoft Connect
- Navigate to the Games tab
- Right-click on The Crew Motorfest
- Select Verify Files
For Epic Games Users: Epic Games Launcher > Library > Click the three dots > Manage > Verify
After completing these steps, the client will automatically scan and fix any missing or corrupted files.
This often solves a wide range of issues, including crashing with the "The Crew Motorfest crashed" error and launch failures. Now, isn't that neat?
2. Clear Ubisoft Connect Cache Files
- Close Ubisoft Connect
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to Ubisoft Game Launcher folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher)
- Delete cache folder
Clearing the cache can surprisingly work wonders. It helps the game run smoother and can effectively resolve many glitches.
3. Update GPU Drivers
- Identify Your GPU Model: Before you can update your drivers, you need to know which GPU you have. You can find this information in the Device Manager on Windows.
- Visit the Manufacturer's Website: Go to the website of your GPU manufacturer, which would be either NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel.
- Locate Driver Downloads: Navigate to the drivers or downloads section on the website.
- Select Your GPU Model and OS: Choose the correct model and your operating system to find the appropriate drivers.
- Download the Driver: Download the latest version of the driver tailored for your GPU.
- Install the Driver: Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Restart Your Computer: Always a good idea after updating drivers to make sure they're properly implemented.
Updating your GPU drivers is like giving your graphics card a shot of espresso; it can invigorate your gaming experience, iron out glitches, and even rescue you from the abyss of crashing or black screens.
Here’s where you can find the latest drivers for your specific GPU:
- NVIDIA: For NVIDIA cards, head over to the NVIDIA Driver Downloads page.
- AMD: If you're using an AMD graphics card, find your driver on the AMD Driver Downloads page.
- Intel: For those with Intel integrated graphics, you can download the latest drivers from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
It's absolutely vital to keep these drivers up-to-date because game developers work closely with GPU manufacturers to bring you the most visually stunning, lag-free experiences possible.
In fact, outdated or incompatible drivers are frequently the underlying culprits behind issues like game crashes or black screens in The Crew Motorfest.
So don't underestimate the power of an updated driver. It's a relatively simple task that can make a world of difference in your gameplay.
4. Force the Game to Use Your Dedicated GPU
Steps for NVIDIA Settings:
- Right-Click on Desktop: Locate an empty space on your desktop and right-click.
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel: From the context menu, select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Navigate to Manage 3D Settings: Under the 3D Settings section on the left, click Manage 3D Settings.
- Select The Crew Motorfest: Under Program Settings, find and select The Crew Motorfest from the dropdown.
- Choose the Dedicated GPU: In the setting that says "Select the preferred graphics processor", pick your dedicated NVIDIA GPU.
- Apply Settings: Click Apply to save your changes.
For those who've invested in a dedicated GPU, it can be extremely frustrating if your system doesn't utilize it. NVIDIA users have the luxury of forcing the game to use the dedicated GPU through the NVIDIA Control Panel. It's a straightforward setting that can drastically improve game performance and minimize crashes in The Crew Motorfest.
Steps for Windows Graphics Settings:
- Open Settings: Click on the Start menu and select Settings (the gear icon).
- Go to System: Inside Settings, navigate to System.
- Click on Graphics Settings: Scroll down and click on Graphics Settings.
- Add The Crew Motorfest: Under Graphics Performance Preference, click Browse and add The Crew Motorfest executable.
- Set to High Performance: Once added, click on The Crew Motorfest and select Options, then set the Graphics Preference to High Performance.
For non-NVIDIA users or as a more universal approach, Windows also offers a High Performance option through the Graphics Settings menu. This ensures that your system uses the best resources available for running the game, helping you sidestep those pesky issues like crashing and low frame rates.
Disable iGPU Through Device Manager or BIOS (For Laptops):
Caution: Disabling the iGPU is a significant action that could affect your computer's performance in tasks that don't require high graphical power. This is a last-resort method and should be done only if you're confident and understand the implications. Neither I nor this guide will be responsible for any adverse outcomes that may arise from these actions. Always remember to backup important data and tread carefully when navigating advanced settings like these.
- Device Manager Method: Open Device Manager, locate your integrated GPU (iGPU) under Display Adapters, right-click, and choose Disable device.
- BIOS Method: Reboot your laptop and enter BIOS settings. Navigate to the Advanced or Chipset Settings and find the iGPU option. Disable it, then save and exit.
On laptops, not utilizing the dedicated GPU is a common issue that can lead to the game not launching or running poorly. An alternative, albeit more technical, approach is to disable the integrated GPU (iGPU). This can either be done through the Device Manager in Windows or directly in the BIOS settings. Do this only if you're comfortable with these advanced settings and are aware that it may affect other tasks that don't require high graphical power.
So, essentially, compelling your system to utilize the dedicated GPU could be the silver bullet you need to resolve "The Crew Motorfest crashed" errors and issues where the game won't launch.
5. Update Windows
- Open Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
In any case, keeping your operating system updated can fix an array of hidden issues you might not even be aware of.
6. Install Visual C++ Redistributables
- Visit the Microsoft website
- Download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- Install them
You'll be surprised how often this fixes game-related issues. Some game functions depend on these libraries, so make sure they're up-to-date.
7. Disconnect Unnecessary Devices
- Identify Unneeded Devices: Take a look at all the devices connected to your PC — extra monitors, controllers, headphones, wheels, VR equipment, and so on.
- Unplug Them: Carefully disconnect these devices from your system.
- Restart The Crew Motorfest: Once you've unplugged the extra devices, restart the game to see if the issue has been resolved.
Sometimes, the solution to your "The Crew Motorfest crashed", "game won't launch", or black screen problems is as simple as decluttering your system.
Extra peripherals like a second monitor or VR equipment can sometimes confuse the game or overload your system resources, leading to performance issues or even failure to launch.
By unplugging these devices, you're giving the game a cleaner, more straightforward environment to run in, which can surprisingly be the easy fix you've been hunting for.
So before diving into complex solutions, sometimes it's worth taking a step back and starting with the basics. After all, simplicity can be the ultimate sophistication.
8. Run the Game as Administrator
- Locate Game Executable: Navigate to the folder where The Crew Motorfest is installed on your computer.
- Right-Click on Executable: Find the game's executable file, and right-click on it.
- Select Properties: From the dropdown menu, choose Properties.
- Go to Compatibility Tab: In the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Run as Admin: Check the box that says Run this program as an administrator.
- Apply and OK: Click Apply, followed by OK to save your settings.
- Launch the Game: Double-click the game executable or launch it through your game library.
It may sound like a simple tweak, but running The Crew Motorfest as an administrator can often solve a multitude of issues, including the dreaded "game won't launch", "black screen", or "crashed" problems on PC.
When run as an administrator, the game gains higher-level permissions, allowing it to access essential system resources or files that might be restricted otherwise.
This expanded access can be the missing link, the overlooked detail that solves those persistent problems preventing you from diving into the game.
So, don't underestimate the power of this straightforward step; it could be the decisive move that turns your gaming experience around.
9. Close Background Applications
- Open Task Manager
- End tasks that are unnecessary during gameplay
Note: Especially, if you have vJOY VIRTUAL CONTROLLER, uninstall it to fix your issues in The Crew Motorfest.
Background applications can consume valuable system resources, thus causing the game to crash or freeze.
10. Lower Graphics Settings
- Open The Crew Motorfest settings
- Reduce graphics settings to a level that your system can comfortably handle
Lowering the graphics settings can undeniably make a significant difference, particularly if your system is on the lower end of the required specifications.
Whether it's the game crashing, not launching, or the black screen issue, you're now equipped to troubleshoot The Crew Motorfest effectively. Certainly, gaming shouldn't be a struggle but a thrilling experience. Now go conquer those racetracks!